IBM Bluemix Infrastructure (SoftLayer), provides cloud infrastructure as a service from a growing number of data centers and network points of presence around the world. Our customers range from web startups to global enterprises.
We are looking for talented systems engineers, skilled in networking, who are familiar with DevOps concepts and are interested in helping to build, evolve and operate rapidly-changing, resilient systems at scale.
A Network DevOps Engineer will be responsible for the following:
- Planning, designing building, testing and deploying turn-key and custom engineered software and tools to improve the operational ability of the Network Operations and Network Engineering organizations.
- Iteratively improving existing systems and infrastructure to better meet the needs of the Network Operations and Network Engineering organizations.
- Monitoring and resolving issues with deployed systems.
- Automate processes and workflows to increase the operational agility of the Network Operations and Network Engineering organizations.
- Analyze data from tools to determine areas of improvement, determine and implement the necessary changes
- Create and provide recurring and ad-hoc reports of various network statistics
A well-qualified candidate will possess many of the following skills:
- Linux/Unix Systems Administration (RHEL, CentOS, FreeBSD)
- Programming/Scripting (PHP, Python, Shell Scripting, Perl, C/C++)
- Networking (CCNA/CCNP, JNCIA/JNCIS)
- Database Administration (MySQL, Oracle, DB2)
A well-qualified candidate will be familiar with the following concepts:
- Agile Methodology (Scrums, Sprints, Iteration)
- DevOps Concepts (Collaboration, Learning, Automation)
- Understanding of Network Device Configurations (Cisco, Juniper)
- Non-Core Network Applications (DNS, Load-Balancers, Firewalls)
Familiarity with the following is a plus:
- IBM Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus
- IBM Tivoli Netcool Configuration Manager
- IBM Tivoli Network Manager IP Edition
- IBM Tivoli Netcool/Impact
- Jira, Confluence, Stash/Bitbucket, Jenkins
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.