Robert Half Technology is looking for a Network Engineer for one of our best clients that is very strong with supporting Cisco routers and switches, LAN/WAN, Wireless and AP Controllers and VPN and enterprise firewalls.
• Ability to create new network design and ability to assess the network requirements and suggest recommendations based on the requirements to the management. Designs must be developed with 100% Network security and ability to maximize the usage of equipment's given by Cisco such as Routers, Hubs, and Switches. Etc.
• Co-ordinate, configure and install network configurations, software, etc. Configure switches, routers and make sure the cables are connected properly.
• Ability to create back up strategies for the data and recovery plan for the network.
• Monitoring the network and give prompt support when any issue pops up - including participating in on-call after-hours work when needed
• Creates Network Performance and Current status of the Network reports.
• Performance analysis, proper planning and testing as needed - to prevent or find/resolve network issues.
• Effectively manages multiple projects involving installations of infrastructure software and hardware while meeting business objectives and deadlines
• Provides technical and product guidance and advice to customers and management.
• Ensures all issues regarding system or network automated alerts are logged, tracked, and resolved; manage alerts and events through and enterprise trouble ticketing tool
• Follow the change management process to production systems with regards to physical or system configuration updates
• Makes process and systems improvement recommendations to assist the business in achieving its goals and objectives, leveraging best practices and professional experiences
• Develops and maintains capacity planning analysis, recommendations, and procedures
• Resolve operational issues through support tickets and alerts from network and system monitoring tools. Manages / participates in Root Cause Analysis (RCA) for Network outages.
• Remains updated of changes in the industry utilizing resources (e.g., technical training, technical magazines, white papers, books, etc.) to gain additional knowledge related to IT systems
A little about us:
Founded in 1948, Robert Half (NYSE: RHI) is the world's first and largest specialized staffing services firm.