Experienced network engineer to provide support for the lab network in Warren, NJ. Responsibilities include:
- Support design and configuration of the multi-vendor network architecture
- Interface with multiple network equipment engineers
- Identify, troubleshoot, isolate and help drive to resolution issues found during device testing
- Generate detailed documentation of network architecture and provide updates as the network evolves
- Assist in the design and development of automated solutions to improve the efficiency of lab operations
- Provide design, maintenance and configuration for databases and servers used to support various activities within the organization
- BS in Engineering or Comp Sci or 6+ years experience with wireless networks
- Experience in the design and implementation of multi-vendor data networks, including Service Routers, Firewalls, MPLS, VPRNs, NAT/PAT, HSRP/VRRP, Site to Site and Client Based VPNs
- Strong experience with wireless features such as VoIP, eMBMS, VoLTE, VoWiFi
- Strong understanding of IMS, TCP/IP, ipv4/ipv6, IP routing protocols, and LAN/WAN Communication protocols
- Experience provisioning and logging wireless network elements such as eNodeBs MMEs, SGWs, PGWs, Service routers, Cisco routers, Juniper firewalls, hardware-based VPNs, database servers
- Expertise in understanding and implementing test scenarios for advanced network features.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work well with a diverse team in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.