TEKsystems is seeking a qualified Network Engineer!
1) Strong Network Troubleshooting - specifically with Layers 2 and 3
2) Network Design Experience:
3) Experience with relevant tools: Remedy, Visio, IPC, CCP, VPLAN, etc.
* Logical audit of existing network design, including audit of routers, switches and end elements connected to LAN within technical facilities.
* Create new logical design (Visio) depicting change in network design to bring site up to documented standards. Work product includes Visio drawing, bill of materials, IP Addressing, VLAN assignments, implementation instructions and technical inputs to Method of Procedures to allow Operations to implement the change. Complex changes will require engineer to produce custom script to be implemented by operations.
5 -10 years' in data network engineering in a large scale environment with demonstrated knowledge of design of LAN and WAN technologies including layer 2 switching (Spanning Tree, VLAN, 802.1q) and layer 3 routing (OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, ISIS). Must have prior hands-on experience configuration Cisco routers in a remote environment. Security experience in writing/administering either ACL (access lists) or firewall policy recommended. Must be able to work independently and handle multiple projects/sites at one time in various stages of the project lifecycle. CCNP and/or CCDP certification a plus. Knowledge of X.25 to IP (XOT) and CLNS a benefit.
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email email@example.com for other accommodation options.
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.