Experience/ Education: BS/BA in computer science or equivalent combination of education and experience. 5+ years of work related experience with Cisco Firewall and Switches (Extreme Network Device experience is a plus). 5+ years of work related experience with Avaya Digital and VoIP phone systems. 5+ years of work related experience with wireless technologies, in a corporate environment. Cisco Certification (CCNA or CCNP). Security + (not mandatory)
Establishes, designs and maintains network security solutions which will support the organization's Network, Telephony, & Cybersecurity policies and procedures. This includes developing secure networks, systems/projects and handling technical problems that arise. Operationally, responsibilities include ensuring the organizations network security solutions are managed and operated effectively to include systems monitoring, health checks, metrics, and reporting. Work closely with other IT members and business teams to assist and coordinate the remediation efforts. Conduct continuous security analysis on network, application, and infrastructure components; and work across IT and business teams to develop solutions that address root causes. Ensures networks are running smoothly and upgrades networks to provide maximum performance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Design, Install, and Manage computer networks such as local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), the Internet, intranets, and other data communications systems.
* Establishes networking environment by designing system configuration; directing system installation; defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards.
* Maximizes network performance by monitoring performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with network architects on network optimization.
* Secures network system by establishing and enforcing policies; defining and monitoring access.
* Respond to automated alerts that devices have gone offline and reconnect them to the network.
* Manage all aspects of the configuration and installation for the firewalls and intrusion detection systems.
* Manage the firewall and intrusion detection policies.
* Perform vulnerability testing, risk analyses and security assessments.
* Investigate intrusion incidents, conduct forensic investigations and mount incident responses.
* Evaluate new technologies and processes that enhance security capabilities.
* Manage the changes in software, hardware, network, and telecommunications.
* Manage the Telephone Company/Carrier procedures, trouble shooting and documentation.
* Manage, implement, and support the Avaya phone system and companion products.
* Support the mission-critical 24x7 Telecom & Network services
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
* Accomplishes information systems and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
* Reporting network operational status by gathering, prioritizing information; managing projects.
* Undertake routine preventative measures and implement, maintain and monitor network security.
* Ensure systems comply with industry standards.
* Document network/firewall/telephony problems.
* Support network, computing, and telephony infrastructure.
* Will be assigned other tasks as needed.
Salem, NH is just a 45-minute reverse commute from the Boston area and 30 minutes south of Manchester, NH. Offers competitive benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance, 401k and Short Term/Long Term Disability.
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options.
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.