Contract - Network Engineer
The Network Engineer provides high-level network engineering and technical support for LAN, WAN, and RF infrastructure. Designs, configures, troubleshoots, and maintains company network equipment across multiple brands. Ensures that industry best practices are applied with regard to the use of technology, procedures, and methodology.
Top 3 Skills:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Achieves assigned goals and objectives.
* Designs, implements, and operates secure and manageable switched and routed networks. This includes all private, public, and business-partner network infrastructure and monitoring of same. Implements according to schedule in a timely fashion, and operates/monitors systems and processes on a daily basis. This is accomplished according to industry-standard best practices.
* Responds to and provides 2nd and 3rd level support for trouble tickets/issues from users and/or monitoring systems. Responds in a timely fashion, retaining ownership of issues until resolved.
* Performs routine analysis of and reporting on system performance, and recommends improvements to manager as appropriate.
* Documents and updates all network infrastructure and supported business processes.
* Ensures that all network, equipment configurations and supporting applications are backed up and tested on a regular basis.
* Ensures that appropriate security considerations and industry-standard best practices are applied to all aspects of the network environment.
* Ensures that all assigned activities are conducted in accordance with all applicable Company policies and procedures.About TEKsystems:Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email email@example.com for other accommodation options.
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.