* Act as technical leader for the network operations center team and as a SME (Subject Matter Expert) on network and customer related issues
* Track major service outages and other service affecting activities. Advise inter-department groups of occurrences and ensure progress towards resolution. Perform case management function on outages as required.
* Handle internal/external customer escalations via phone, tickets or email and escalate further any customer-related issues to the appropriate group or manager as necessary.
* Assist with monitoring, overflow phone queue calls, and creating and handling repair tickets or service orders for customers as needed.
* Develop, maintain, and assist with providing initial training for new employees.
* Provide technical information or direction for less experienced employees as assigned.
* Analyze current network support processes and update as needed and/or refer priority issues to management.
* Special projects and other duties as assigned.
* Ability to work any shift in a 24x7 environment.
* Associate's degree in Information Technology, Communications Networking and/or Electronics or related field or the equivalent in training and experience.
* Minimum 6 years of experience in Network Equipment Maintenance or Support, or the equivalent in training, experience and education.
* Minimum of 3 years of experience required in specific network equipment maintenance.
* Excellent verbal and written communications skills required.
* Willingness to attend Vendor-Specific product training as required.
* Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Communications Networking or related field.
* Strong customer service orientation.
* Vendor certifications (Cisco CCNA, CCNP, Meraki, Juniper, etc.)
* Experience in Data Troubleshooting as a SME (Subject Matter Expert).
* Advanced knowledge of SolarWinds.
* Experience with Cisco, ADTRAN, Meraki, or Juniper devices.
* Experience training employees in a classroom environment.
* Experience with technical document writing.
* Experience with use of Microsoft Office Excel & Word.
* ITIL 2011 certification
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options.
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.