The Network Administrator will be responsible for the implementation and administration of: Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks
(WAN), firewalls, and other network infrastructure systems.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
1. Administers switches, routers, firewall engines and VPN infrastructure across the Enterprise at multiple sites.
2. Primary administrator and level 2 approver for all network change management functions including the security/subnets/VLANS/cabling infrastructure to support eCommerce and other Internet or internal systems and configuring trunk groups and virtual switches for various virtual server systems.
3. Administers network-based services such as wireless, workstation security agent, access control, intrusion detection, and WAN optimization service.
4. Administers TCP/IP on the network including design and tracking of the IP infrastructure and DHCP systems.
5. Performs administrative functions to ensure viable production environment including bandwidth monitoring, syslog, and content filtering.
6. Analyzes bandwidth monitoring, content filtering, and syslog monitoring data to assist with recommendations, incident response, and problem resolution.
Perform other related assigned duties as necessary to complete the Primary Job Responsibilities as described above.
Position requires a bachelor's degree with relevant coursework in computer science, network engineering, or information systems and three years' related work experience in network administration and an associate level networking certification (CCNA Family). Will accept any suitable combination of education, training, or experience.
Position requires knowledge of the following at varying levels depending on assignment: Network hardware including Cisco stackable switches, chassis switches, Enterprise routers, small remote routers; network communication protocols (TCP/IP, DHCP, etc.), network communication hardware (LAN, WAN, routers, switches, cabling, etc.), network topologies (Ethernet VIANs, MPLS,VPN5, ISDN, etc.), network security infrastructure (Cisco ASAs, Firewall Services Modules, Checkpoint firewalls, exploit, viruses, etc.), server operating systems (Windows, Linux, Netware, etc.), di rectory services, integration, network based printing systems, and telecommunication hardware and software (PBX5, IP phones, etc.); experience with network management systems including HP Open View, Cisco MARS, Orion, and Websense; ability to analyze and resolve complex problems; us e independent judgment and communicate effectively with internal and external contacts.
Position requires the ability to provide on-call support as directed. Occasional travel may be required.
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email email@example.com for other accommodation options.
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.