Network Engineer sought for 24x7 support of network access services and components. Ideal candidate will have 5-7 years of networking experience in enterprise environments (2-3 years), with an emphasis on routing and switching.
- Support Administration and Engineering/Implementation of a 24x7 infrastructure
- Assist with implementing network upgrade and migration projects that will impact global networking initiatives; work closely with Network Design team to understand overall plan and implement proposed network designs
- Manage network access control
- Perform troubleshooting in all areas of the OSI model
- Perform Root Cause Analysis (RCA)
- Document problems/issues for future reference
- Monitor performance and implement performance tuning if necessary
- Work effectively on cross-departmental projects
- Generate and maintain documentation as it relates to network configuration, processes, service records, etc.
- Provide prompt communication and status report on critical activities
- Available for 24x7 support on specified infrastructure
- Experience designing and deploying network and security services for large organizations
- Strong knowledge in one or more of the following:
o F5 Load Balancing (LTM/GTM/APM)
- Solid experience in Routing and Switching (Cisco/Juniper) and Wireless (Aruba)
o MAC-based Authentication
o ISE/ClearPass configurations
o Captive Portal configuration
- Good experience in working with and creating logical design models (Visio experience a plus)
- Good knowledge of BGP, OSPF, EAP protocols, security protocols (SSH/HTTPS/SSL, etc), and other network protocols (NTP, DNS, DHCP,etc)
- Experience working in a team-oriented and joint environment
- CCNA or equivalent experience (CCNP or higher preferred)
- Ability to quickly adapt in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with TCP/IP Stack (OSI Model)
- Ability to do Packet Capture Analysis
- Strong understanding of both Windows and Mac Operating Systems
- Ability to multitask and work independently, when required, toward stated business goals
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.