**Must have an Active Secret clearance, Security + (or comparable certification), and ability to work different shifts in a 24x7 environment)***
These Network Engineers will use network monitoring tools to identify problems/ root cause or help customers requiring assistance with network hardware, software, or inquiries. They will provide problem determination/resolution based upon personal experience, expert opinion and standard operating procedures, including immediate resolution where possible.
Works with other network technologists that are involved in network monitoring and maintenance, configuration management, and customer support. Document and propose solutions for network problems and work with appropriate personnel to achieve resolution. Participate in resolution of service-related issues. Interface with users and support organizations to ensure smooth flow of communications in all directions.
Looking for individuals with experience analyzing VLAN, routing, IP Addressing and sub-netting. Excellent troubleshooting skill, project, technical, interpersonal, presentation and problem management skills.
Certifications with major network system vendors such as Cisco and Juniper are a strong plus!
- Experience analyzing VLAN, routing, IP addressing and sub-netting.
- Experience troubleshooting and configuring IP networks using at least one of the following routing methods: BGP, ISIS or OSPF, Static routing.
- Experience troubleshooting either service provider or enterprise IP networks using an interface on Cisco (ESR and ASR) and/or Juniper routers.
- Knowledgeable on ports and protocols.
- Equally proficient in Juniper and Cisco configuration, troubleshooting, and design.
- Experience with Cisco IOS XR, JUNOS, and Cisco IOS codes.
- Pearl or other language scripting capable of running backup con-fits and other scripting to pull information from Cisco/Juniper routers
- IPSEC configuration, troubleshooting, and design experience.
- MPLS configuration, troubleshooting, and design experience.
- Qu's configuration, troubleshooting, and design experience.
- IPV6 configuration, troubleshooting, and design experience.
- Security certification and/or knowledge of DDoS and other attack vectors experienced in today's networks.
- Crypto configuration, troubleshooting, and design experience.
- Layer 2/3 VPN and Firewall knowledge and experience.
- Physical cable plant and wiring experience.
- Certifications with major network system vendors such as Cisco are a strong plus.
- Excellent project, technical, interpersonal, presentation and problem management skills.
- Extensive network integration experience for a variety of network protocol standards.
- Ability to communicate orally, and in writing, detailed technical information on troubleshooting and implementation efforts.
- Familiarization of DOD regulations and directives.
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email email@example.com for other accommodation options.
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.