U.S. Medical Management (USMM), an affiliate of a leading Fortune 250 company, manages a nationwide continuum of premier providers of medical services delivered primarily to the homes of elderly and homebound patients. Providing primary home care is the future of medicine, and at USMM, the future is now. With the knowledge and experience to address the evolution of healthcare, USMM is poised for a phenomenal future. POSITION DESCRIPTION
Under the direction of Network Engineers will perform entry level support to the USMM telecom and network environment. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
- Administer basic VoIP phone functions: reassign extensions, reset voice mail passwords, and configure phones for new users within the Cisco IP telephony infrastructure
- Support USMM's cellular accounts and services which includes, but is not limited to, end user support, activating and deactivating services as requested, keep accurate inventory, ordering new devices, and addressing billing issues as needed
- Basic support for WIFI infrastructure, network security, firewalls, VPN, web filters, etc.
- Assist Network Engineers in new projects, including writing requirements, and build operational documentation
- Support POTS telecom services
- Work with network monitoring tools and escalate issues to appropriate team
- Work with end-users to resolve tickets regarding any of the above
- Work with internal and external vendors to resolve emerging issues
- Occasional travel will be required
- On-call in rotation with the rest of the team
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
- Ability to establish/maintain effective work relationships with all levels of personnel both internally and externally including end-users, management, different business units and vendors
- Associate's degree or equivalent experience required
- Passion for details, well organized, fine soft skills, and effective communication skills
- Willing to learn and work with new technologies
- Valid driver's license
- Healthcare industry experience
- Preferred vendor certifications, e.g. Cisco CCNA, MCP, A+, etc.
A little about us:
Our mission is to provide high quality, compassionate and cost-effective care to our patients through clinical leadership, outcomes management and maintaining an ethical workplace.