1. Provide Network Incident Management via an on-call rotation for incident tickets with a primary focus on service restoration.
2. Performs in-depth complex protocol analysis (IP, TCP, HTML, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, Etc.), collaborates with other infrastructure and application teams to identify root cause impacts.
1. Responsible for monitoring and initial review, assessment, classification of Problem ticketing queue using ServiceNow. Ensure problem owner is assigned. Review Problem records to see if similar problems are on record.
2. Work with vendor, peer groups, and team members as needed for investigation to identify root cause. Log and document discovery details, results and information that support findings of root cause. Identify risk scope and impact.
3. Proactively review incidents, changes, and configuration tickets to identify higher level anomalies or patterns that need focus and remediation to reduce incidents and improve network service levels. (ie recurring incidents)
4. Ensure Problem process has the ability to interact with other processes such as: Incident, Change, Configuration, Capacity, Availability, Security, and Service Level management.
1. Reviews changings to the production network environments to ensure defined standards and quality of work are being met and are operationally acceptable and supportable.
2. Validates all operational documentation is updated, configuration items are present in network management tools, impact statements are accurate, change is occurring during approved times frames for the business.
3. Provides feedback on changes reviewed in the weekly team change advisory board meeting.
Network Transition & Operational Readiness
1. Contributes in the development, review, execution, and governance of process and procedures to ensure seamless service transition of new deployments so to confirm full operational compliance and readiness; including review of support documentation and test plans/results.
2. Validates all reporting and monitoring is in place; new devices have been fully certified in all network management tooling.
A little about us:
Founded in 1948, Robert Half (NYSE: RHI) is the world's first and largest specialized staffing services firm.