IBM Bluemix Infrastructure (SoftLayer), has a global network that is deployed using cutting-edge platforms and we are looking for high quality, driven Network Engineers to join the Network Planning team within Network Engineering. This area of Engineering is responsible for the technical design, service implementation and network support of one of the world's largest and most complex networks. This position is full-time and we are hiring engineers in Dallas or Houston, TX.
- Strategic network planning and market analysis for new PoP and/or Data Center deployments
- Develop and maintain relationships with network carrier/provider teams
- Work with carrier/provider sales and engineering teams to design, augment and manage network connectivity solutions
- Develop Requests for Quote (RFQ) that will be used as part of carrier/provider selection for network service augments
- Identify and recommend to Engineering Management "best solution" with the use of empirical data points that clearly illustrate commercial and technical advantages provided by one carrier/provider
- Negotiate business and technical contract terms for network services (new contracts and renewals)
- Review and analyze network capacity reports and develop solutions to manage those capacity requirements
- Create and maintain network diagrams and support documentation
- Manage the deployment of new network services, ensuring all deliverables meet operational expectations
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.