Are you interested in helping solve today's most critical housing challenges? In simplest terms, Fannie Mae serves the people who house America. We work at the heart of housing by providing reliable, affordable mortgage financing in all markets at all times, buying loans that banks and other lenders originate, so they can fund new loans. This gives more people the opportunity to buy, refinance, or rent homes and apartments. Creating these opportunities is what drives the people who work at Fannie Mae.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress JOB INFORMATION
The Network Engineering Manager plays an integral role in ensuring that we have the foundation with which to deliver products and services to customers at scale. The Network Engineering shall work closely with product owners, engineering, and operations to implement applications and solutions that drive business value. This role will be at the forefront of evolving our networking paradigm from the traditional method of operations to a blended, automated fabric that leverages the cutting edge technologies to improve our levels of automation, creativity, responsiveness and adaptability to ever changing demands. KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Perform strategic and tactical planning for Fannie Mae's data network services; Collaborate on Service Strategy and Design; Execute and manage Service Transition
- Responsible for end to end product design of service provider-class network products and services
- Leads the development of network infrastructure budgets
- Identifies needs, estimates costs, and justifies request priorities for budgetary purposes;
- Plans, develops and manages the introduction of networks infrastructure updates and new enhancements;
- Manage a team of network engineers and SMEs working with our vendors and network operations team to build, scale, deploy and support our enterprise network infrastructure
- Help define, and drive regular development of an aggressive technical roadmap to meet the needs of the team, and partner teams
- Evaluates new and emerging technologies for introduction and or integration into the technical roadmap
- Be a hands on manager with deep technical experience in networking, systems, and software
- Operate in a rapidly evolving environment, adapt quickly to new information, re-prioritize as needed.
- Manage the team of engineers to strengths, enable, unblock, and grow talent through coaching, continual feedback and technical mentoring
- Pro-actively identify resource needs, participate in recruiting efforts, and hiring to grow the team
- Identify, cultivate and grow technical leaders
- Provide network design and architectural services to an enterprise network and customers in various regions
- Liaise with product, network planning, and other engineering teams to contribute to the delivery of world class solutions
- Responsible for defining and driving metrics that define our enterprise network performance in terms of availability, capacity and quality of experience
- Provide escalated support and level 4 support for operations.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 8 years of related experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, IT or equivalent field
- CCIE, CCDE, JNCIE certification is a plus
- 10-15 years' experience in IT, networking role
- Must have demonstrated technical and/or functional leadership for at least 3 years
- 4 year working with Cisco and Juniper routers and switches
- 4 years of Linux system administration preferred
- Proven track record of success in delivering complex networking projects
- Proven track record of success in troubleshooting complex network problems in heterogeneous network environment
- Device configuration and administration automation experience preferred
- Expert level knowledge in Various Service provider Networking Technologies (e.g. MPLS, Routing, Switching, Cloud, SDN, OpenStack, etc.)
- Must possess strong leadership, interpersonal, mentoring and technical skills
- Must be able to interact with and influence people at all levels and have excellent public speaking skills
- Eager to stay up-to-date on industry/technology trends and developments; maintains professional growth and development through seminars, workshops, and professional affiliations to keep abreast of latest developments
- Demonstrates effective intercultural awareness
- Ability to communicate and explain technical concepts to non-technical
- Illustrates strategic vision, has the judgment and the confidence necessary to make decisions that will have long terms implications for the business
- Ability to organize, manage and evaluate the work of technical staff
- Ability to plan and manage multiple projects
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
A little about us:
We’re leading the way to provide safe, affordable, and reliable credit, so people across the U.S. have opportunities to buy, reﬁnance, or rent homes.