What you’ll be doing...
Verizon is a recognized industry leader in cyber intelligence and incident management. Customer demand to assist in laying the right foundation enabling quick and effective response in the face of cyber attacks is high and stable. The Network Forensics Analyst works within broader full time consulting teams assigned to assist Verizon customers in managing IT security risks in the areas of cyber attack preparation (proactive) and response (reactive). Responsibilities and essential functions are customer-facing in nature and broken out as follows:
- Develop, deploy, maintain and use network forensic and visibility instrumentation for customer security visibility (Proactive) Forensics Analysts develop analysis techniques and platforms to assist in incident response, threat intelligence and threat hunting scenarios
- Emergency assistance in responding to cyber attacks in motion (Reactive) Forensics Analysts assist customers and other RISK (Research, Investigations, Solutions, and Knowledge) analysts in active security emergency situations. This is their primary focus. When facing an attack in progress, customers retain Verizon to force multiply their security staff in reaching the following objectives:
- malicious activity and bad actor identification
- creation of indicators of compromise in support of threat intelligence to deliver to RISK members leading customer engagement
- Consultants work as an extension or as part of a broader team of other Verizon IR and Security Professional Services consultants
Major Responsibilities include:
- Perform security incident and threat analysis
- Incident management through complex troubleshooting of security devices/solutions
- Act as escalation point for security services incidents or complex changes
- Training of peers, briefing customers, and other Verizon organizations outside operations
- Stay abreast of cyber security issues by research of industry trends, viewing watch lists, and by other means to keep our intelligence updated
- Support prototyping and continuous development/integration of tools to store, exchange, and analyze threat and incident data
- Oversee development projects, handle customer interactions, act as internal leaders in technical creativity of platforms
- Act as an escalation for junior consultants for incident peer review
What we’re looking for...
You Must Have:
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience in a dedicated network forensics, security, SOC analyst or incident response position
- UNIX/Linux operating system command line experience
- Security monitoring methodologies such as packet capture, flow data (NetFlow), patterns, watch lists, black lists, log parsing, correlation, classification, event generation, taxonomy, filtering
- Scripting (PERL, Python, and BASH); custom parsers; regex
- HTTP/S, DNS, SMTP and other TCP/IP protocols
Even Better If You Have:
- At least one non-vendor specific security certification such as SANS, GIAC
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Familiarity with concepts and technologies related to Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana, Hadoop and data reduction technologies
- Proven ability to excel in a team, as an individual, in a dynamic, high pressure environment and still meet deadlines
- Strong communication, organizational, problem solving, and analytical skills and ability to engage with customers to understand their requirements
- Able to identify and communicate gaps in processes
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.