IBM Cloud (SoftLayer), provides Cloud Infrastructure as a service from a growing number of data centers and network points of presence around the world. Our customers range from Web startups to global enterprises.
We are looking for detail-oriented team members to join our Network Operations Center (NOC) in Houston, TX who demonstrate exceptional customer service, analytical, communication and time management skills.
As a NOC Technician, responsibilities and duties will include, but aren't limited to:
- Monitoring the health of the IBM Network
- Analyzing, ranking and troubleshooting alerts and error conditions on the network; coordinating the networking team's response to monitoring alerts
- Interacting with IBM vendors when coordinating a response to service outages
- Acting as the first point for all networking related escalations, to either resolve or escalate it to the appropriate team for final resolution
- Becoming familiar with multiple hardware vendors, Command Line Interfaces (CLI) and Graphical User Interface (GUI) as well as the IBM internal portal in order to conduct network troubleshooting
- Accessing workstations and servers operating on a variety of operating systems and software products to facilitate network troubleshooting
- Documenting and coordinating the communications between multiple teams as well coordinating the communications between IBM and IBM's customers during service-affecting events
- Ensuring that prompt and accurate internal notifications are initiated during planned/scheduled changes
- Conducting periodic network-centric audits
- Responding to Denial-Of-Service (DoS) incidents and mitigate impact to SoftLayer infrastructure
This is a shift-based position for a 24/7/365 department; individuals must be prepared to work a rotating schedule of shifts that may include night, weekend and/or holiday work
Overnight Shift - 11pm to 7:30 am