Senior Data / Business Analyst, NOC
Location: Town and Country, Missouri
Posted: November 12, 2017
Reference ID: 207501BR
JOB SCOPE Supports the data and business analysis needs of Network Operations. Utilizes understanding of both business process and advanced technical capabilities of industry standard tools used to provide analytical insights. Possesses advanced knowledge in the business unit they support, as well as an advanced level understanding of the Network Operations organization's systems and capabilities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides business analysis and support for Network Operations: Generate complex ad hoc reports along with creation and presentation of high quality dashboards that provide operational visibility to the business unit.
- Optimizes network performance through the application of statistical analysis using a diverse set of key data points.
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
- Develops high quality graphs, reports, and presentations of data results. Perform statistical analyses for Network Operations business unit.
- Facilitates communication between business unit and Network Operations from initial requirements to final implementation. Work closely with management to prioritize business and information needs
- Analyzes business partner's operations to understand their strengths and weaknesses to determine opportunities to automate processes and functions
- Identify, analyze and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
- Works on multiple projects as a project team member, occasionally as a project leader.
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Performs special projects as needed and other duties as requested by supervisor
- Minimum six (6) years of experience with intermediate data query techniques and report building.
- Minimum six (6) years of experience using MS Excel, Access and MS Suite.
- Minimum four (4) years of experience with SQL, Tableau and industry-specific database systems
- Minimum four (4) years of experience report building toolsets such as Crystal Reports.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics, Business Administration, and related field or equivalent work experience.
- Leadership/project management experience requiring effective organization and communication skills as well as an ability to work with aggressive timelines
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Strong knowledge of and experience with reporting packages, databases and programming
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing large datasets
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
- Exhibit exceptional and professional communication, both written and oral
- Professional and courteous demeanor with ability to lead in a team oriented environment
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze and disseminate significant amount of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Able to present complex information in an understandable and compelling manner
- Effectively manage multiple competing priorities at any given time
- Mathematics, statistics, correlation, data mining, predictive analysis skills
- Network Operations experience
- Develop and implement data collection systems that optimize data accuracy and quality.
- Acquire and abstract primary or secondary data from existing internal or external data sources.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Automate routines to improve efficiency and reduce errors
- Programming skills preferred such as VBA, etc.
- Advanced Cable Industry certifications preferred