Position Summary:As a Network Operations Firewall Advisor you will participate in a team of network security professionals in a 24x7 Enterprise IT Security Operations organization. You will perform activities in accordance with CVS Health Policy and security protocol. We look for someone who can demonstrate technical skill sets to maintain and deploy network security technologies with strong network expertise with a security mindset is critical to success in this role. High level communication skills are essential to successfully translate business requests to technology and security requirements.
Additional responsibilities for the Network Operations Firewall Advisor include not not limited to:
- You will lead the enterprise infrastructure of the Network Security team, such as implementation of firewall rules, web proxy infrastructure updates, intrusion detection device policy management, wireless intrusion prevention infrastructure support and advanced malware protection
- You handle fixing enterprise environment network access issues, infrastructure failures and performance degradations
- Participate 24x7 on-call rotation management for production issue resolution
- You optimize Network Firewall rule sets to require minimum access necessary, in addition to optimal device processing Configure, upgrade and maintain devices to latest code releases and performance improvements
- We collaborate with various IT and Non-IT functional groups to ensure effective service delivery of secure network access for internal clients for all environments
- We stay ahead of on the latest network security threats and vulnerabilities to take dedicated actions to secure the enterprise environment.
- You participate in infrastructure and security incident management processes to derive root cause and after action reports.
- Participate in on-site network and security audits related to PCI, SOX, HIPAA, etc to demonstrate effective network security enterprise controls.Required Qualifications: - Minimum of 5 years experience working in an information security or network management related field in a enterprise environment
- Technical experience working with one or more of the following: CISCO ASA, VPN, Intrusion Prevention, Web Proxy, technologies such as: Checkpoint, Juniper, Websense, Sourcefire, Palo Alto, AirDefense
- Tecnical knowledge of TCP/IP, Network Routing Protocols
Preferred Qualifications:- Highly segmented, regulated production environment experience preferred
- Industry standard certifications such as CCNA, CCNP, GIAC, CISSP preferred- Leadership experience preferred
- Experience working with IT core infrastructure - i.e. Cisco, HP, IBM, CA, EMC preferredEducation:- Bachelor's degree or major course work in computer science, telecommunications, networking, engineering or other computer-related field of study preferred
- High school degree/GED + 2 years of experience for each year of school not completed.Business Overview:
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking AA EEO CVS Health
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/