At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Network Security Architect for the IT Telecommunications located in Maplewood, MN. Job Summary:
The person hired for the position of Network Security Architect will be responsible for research, design and implementation of technology, systems and policies for information security in support of business needs. In this role the Architect will design solutions using Check Point UTMs, Cisco ASA Firewalls, Cisco ASA VPNs, SSL Reverse Proxy, Cloud Web Security, SSL Decryption and other leading technologies.Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Collaborate with other Technical Architects to design business critical solutions
- Work closely with IT Security to design leading edge security systems throughout the network
- Provide direction and awareness of Security technologies
- Determine client/user requirements.
- Assist/create procedural manuals and documents as needed.
- Maintain expertise in assigned area to fulfill position goals and objectives.
- Manage products throughout their lifecycles.
- Participate/run weekly service review meetings with clients/vendors.
- Mentor other team members
- Bachelor's Degree or higher from an accredited learning institution
- Minimum of five (5) years of combined experience configuring, implementing, and/or troubleshooting security devices
- CCSA and CCSE Check Point certifications
- Minimum of five or more (5+) years of supporting network technologies LAN Switching/Routing
- Minimum of five or more (5+) years of supporting routing protocols and network design
- Minimum of five or more (5+) years of participating in network projects and local area network design.
- Experience using Visio or comparable tool for documenting network design
- Ability to manage individuals from different technical and personality backgrounds.
- Ability to manage a global team
- Experience leading network projects and local area network design.
: Maplewood, MNTravel:
May include up to 10% domesticRelocation benefits:
Is authorized for this position
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.