Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal's 210 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
PayPal is seeking interns to work with us for 12 weeks during the summer of 2018. We are looking for stellar interns who will graduate between December 2018 and June 2019. We will be taking applications until April 1, 2018.
The Network Security Engineering team for PayPal is responsible for ensuring the highest levels of security and privacy for hundreds of millions of customers! The team is primarily responsible for the protection and network access restriction to the PayPal payment application. They focus on preventing and mitigating network security incidents, a critical part of our business. A Network Security Engineer's responsibilities are as follows:
-Build, deploy and monitor firewalls, DDOS shields, and intrusion detection systems
-Configuring and deploying network security devices to support business needs
-Deploy access-list control based on business needs
-Mitigate Network Security incidents by deploying controls and counter-measures
-Liaise with vendors and professional services
-Develop tools to aggregate and monitor network security events Basic Requirements
- Pursuing Masters degree in Computer Engineering or related field
- Protect the PayPal community by contributing to a world-class information security team
- Perform security support tasks on project teams.
- Swiftly execute change requests in communication with internal customers.
- Respond to critical site incidents 24x7.
- Experience in computer and network security operations.
- TCP/IP network experience. Ability to understand the output of sniffers, tcpdump, and netmon.
- Administration experience with multiple types of firewalls
- Experience monitoring and managing network-based and host-based intrusion detection systems
- Experience managing strong authentication infrastructure.
- Unix and/or Windows NT/2000 system administration skills.
- Experience managing SSL server certificates.
- General knowledge of security tools and techniques.
- Computer science degree or equivalent experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Strong sense of professionalism and ethics.
- Enthusiasm and interest in information security
- Team player, self-starter
Position Location: Varies
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Help us reinvent money. At PayPal, we're looking for global thinkers who can invent new ways to make money safe and accessible for people everywhere.