PayPal is seeking interns to work with us for 12 weeks during the summer of 2018. We are looking for stellar interns who will graduate between December 2018 and June 2019. We will be taking applications until April 1, 2017.
At PayPal, we're literally reinventing how the world pays and gets paid. We understand that it's about people. We connect individuals to let them shop, get paid, donate and send money using today's technology with the confidence that comes from the security and control PayPal enables. Are you ready to help us change the world?
The world's leading payments company, PayPal, brings together a family of brands that are revolutionizing the way people move money. At PayPal you will be immersed in an amazing community with a vibrant culture that thrives on innovation, collaboration, inclusion and wellness.
The Network Security Engineering team for PayPal is responsible for ensuring the highest levels of security and privacy for hundreds of millions of customers! The team is primarily responsible for the protection and network access restriction to the PayPal payment application. They focus on preventing and mitigating network security incidents, a critical part of our business. A Network Security Engineer's responsibilities are as follows:
-Build, deploy and monitor firewalls, DDOS shields, and intrusion detection systems
-Configuring and deploying network security devices to support business needs
-Deploy access-list control based on business needs
-Mitigate Network Security incidents by deploying controls and counter-measures
-Liaise with vendors and professional services
-Develop tools to aggregate and monitor network security events Basic Requirements
- Pursuing Masters degree in Computer Engineering or related field
- Protect the PayPal community by contributing to a world-class information security team
- Perform security support tasks on project teams.
- Swiftly execute change requests in communication with internal customers.
- Respond to critical site incidents 24x7.
- Experience in computer and network security operations.
- TCP/IP network experience. Ability to understand the output of sniffers, tcpdump, and netmon.
- Administration experience with multiple types of firewalls
- Experience monitoring and managing network-based and host-based intrusion detection systems
- Experience managing strong authentication infrastructure.
- Unix and/or Windows NT/2000 system administration skills.
- Experience managing SSL server certificates.
- General knowledge of security tools and techniques.
- Computer science degree or equivalent experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Strong sense of professionalism and ethics.
- Enthusiasm and interest in information security
- Team player, self-starter
Position Location: Varies
A little about us:
Help us reinvent money. At PayPal, we're looking for global thinkers who can invent new ways to make money safe and accessible for people everywhere.