Network Security Manager II - SecureWorks
Company: EMC is now part of Dell Technologies
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Posted: December 21, 2016
Reference ID: 160013RG
Network Security Manager II - SecureWorks
SecureWorks is a global leader in providing intelligence-driven information security solutions. We play an important role, as no organization in the world is immune from cyberattacks and the nature of the attack is changing every day. Internet security is a problem that will never be solved. Unlike point products that address a specific technology issue, we attack the problem holistically by analyzing threat actor tactics, techniques and procedures, and develop solutions using best-of-breed technologies to protect our clients. We are one of the best in the world at understanding the threat.
In short, we give our clients an early warning capability. SecureWorks was founded in 1999 and headquartered in Atlanta, Ga., with offices in all the major security markets around the globe. We have more than 2,000 team members, and partner with more than 4,200 clients in 59 countries to keep the bad guys out of their networks. We’ve been consistently recognized by industry analysts, readers’ polls and as a leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for managed security services, worldwide.
This is a management position with high visibility and significant responsibility supporting all SecureWorks clients receiving SecureWorks Managed Security Services. This individual is responsible for providing direction, leadership, and mentorship to technical personnel within an Operations environment as they support clients with the device health monitoring of security technology such as Juniper, Checkpoint, and Cisco. In addition to supporting all aspects of operational support this individual will also be responsible for supporting all administrative tasks related to supporting internal reporting employees which include, but are not limited to, annual performance reviews, reviewing tickets and other work performed by their reporting staff, building and supporting service performance metrics, and developing a career growth path.
- Responsible for leading a team of personnel in a 7x24 Security Operations Center environment, directing workflow and addressing technical and non-technical escalations
- Coordinate and schedule shift coverage, and assign resources for special projects
- Regularly meet with direct reports for feedback, mentoring, support, and career development
- Track and manage team member productivity through metrics reporting and ticket review
- Help establish and enforce policy and procedure
- Coordinate with incoming and outgoing shifts ensuring a smooth shift transition
- Act as a client liaison and take escalations when necessary
- Manage, participate in, or directly work on any additional projects, assignments, or initiatives assigned by management
- Provide on-call support for Operations
As a managed security provider, SecureWorks expects its employees to understand and apply commonly known security practices and possess a working knowledge of applicable industry controls such as NIST 800-53. Employees will be expected to acknowledge their security responsibilities in writing prior to gaining access to company systems. Employees will be required to maintain a working knowledge of local security policies and execute general controls as assigned.
- 10 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience: undergraduate degree and 6-8 years of relevant experience, graduate degree and 4-6 years of relevant experience.
- 3-4 years managerial/supervisory experience
- Possess exceptional client service skills
- Dedication to client service and passion for learning and information security
- Well spoken, articulate, attention to detail, with excellent writing abilities. Must be able to communicate technical details in a clear manner.
- Ability to coach and mentor all levels of skillsets within the team
- Excellent problem solving skills and keen ability to diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues
- Intermediate - Advanced level understanding of enterprise security platforms, including but not limited to, Cisco, Check Point, and Juniper
- Experience working in an enterprise level support environment
- Advanced knowledge of Linux administration with command line and system knowledge
- Security fundamentals and knowledge of best practice methodology
Location & Shift
**Job:** **Network Security Manager - Infrastructure Design and Management*
**Title:** *Network Security Manager II - SecureWorks*
**Requisition ID:** *160013RG*