What you’ll be doing...
The right candidate for this role will work with various teams, both internal and external, to ensure technical risk compliance against industry standards, corporate polices and security testing as applicable to the functions of the Verizon Wireless Network Security Risk Management program and sub-programs. They will promote risk management by integrating the secure development lifecycle and security testing processes into both internal and customer facing solutions, as well as mobile devices and applications. The candidate will need to work closely with internal groups, device OEMs, SW/HW vendors, and other ecosystem partners to monitor for and work toward remediation of identified vulnerabilities. The preferred candidate can speak with authority to the ongoing narrative of system and device vulnerabilities, threats and countermeasures. The candidate will also be accountable for organizing, managing, presenting and documenting all vulnerability testing, findings and remediation tasks.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or similar degree, or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Two or more years of Network Engineering or Operations experience.
- Two or more years of experience in risk analysis or security analysis; including penetration testing and/or security research.
- CISSP or similar security certification (CISA, CISM, CRISC, GIAC, ISC2, InfoSec Inst...).
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Understanding of industry-standard technical risk evaluation skills and techniques to recommend the most cost effective and balanced security controls that will safeguard the company’s sensitive assets, brand reputation and its customers.
- Understanding of creating processes, procedures and solutions that reduce technical risk and increase operational efficiency.
- Experience organizing, documenting and tracking project information, security findings and remediation tasks to completion.
- Experience solving problems by assisting development teams and vendors in the delivery of secure products and services within the given project timelines.
- Capability of understanding and applying new security techniques and technologies, which yield cost-effective controls
- Understand of security threats and solutions for wireless carrier/telecom systems..
- Grasp of fundamental defensive security constructs, including digital signatures, symmetric and asymmetric encryption, firewalls, PKI, key entropy, software protection mechanisms, DRM and mobile application/OS security.
- Understanding of offensive security techniques, including reverse engineering, digital forgery, encryption attacks, MITM attacks, and logic flaws.
- Ability to communicate well in both verbal and written forms.
- Proven leadership ability and good negotiation skills.
- Ability to work independently and in teams, while meeting multiple deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize work and demonstrate well developed organization skills.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
A little about us:
Verizon is one of the largest communication technology companies in the world.