Why Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility. Network Security Sr. AnalystPosition Summary:
Preferred Technical Experience:
- The Network Security Sr. Analyst is responsible for the implementation of security devices such as firewalls, IDS/IPS's, log collector appliances and others as well as the integration of SecureWorks' managed/monitored security services.
- The engineer should be familiar with the more common third party platforms and back-end technologies that enable the delivery of SecureWorks' service.
- The engineer will also work closely with other departments to assist in the development, testing and rollout of new service lines.
- From time to time, the engineer may be called upon to lead special projects in support of a business critical initiative.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Functional IDS/IPS or Firewall experience on any of the following vendor platforms:
- Cisco IDS, Tipping Point IPS, Checkpoint IPS, Carbon Black, Lastline, SonicWALL, Palo Alto, Crossbeam, Juniper, Fortinet, Sourcefire, ISS , LogLogic / Arcsight, McAfee IPS
- Discuss technical requirements for contracted services with customers.
- Work with internal engineering and customers to plan out the details and timelines of the implementation.
- Implement security devices on customer's network according to their specification and change control windows. This can include the configuration and installation of firewalls, IDS/IPS's and/or log collection appliances.
- Configure SecureWorks CPE as well as other 3 rd party hardware to customer's specifications.
- Complete associated work on backend systems and work with other teams in the operations centers as necessary to deliver the contracted services.
- Provide technical support for internal/external staff when required.
- Research new security products as needed.
- Contribute to projects of varying scales such as upgrades, migrations and administrative needs.
- Some off shift work is required.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Perform other essential duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Functional understanding of TCP/IP protocol stack and familiarity of various network protocols.
- Ability to efficiently troubleshoot network issues in enterprise environments.
- Functional knowledge of security protocols and design concepts.
- Must have a working knowledge of Linux/Unix operating systems.
- Must have a working knowledge of enterprise level firewall and/or IDS/IPS platforms.
- Experience deploying network/security solutions.
- Must have excellent communications and interpersonal skills and be able to work effectively with peers, management, staff, and internal/external business partners/clients.
- Bachelor' degree in Information Security, or related discipline and 1-3 years of relevant work experience or a total of 3 years of relevant work experience.
- 1-3 years of experience with the deployment of at least 1 of the following IDS/IPS platforms: Cisco, Juniper, Tipping Point, Sourcefire, McAfee, or Snort.
- 1-3 years of experience with the deployment of at least 1 of the following firewall platforms: Cisco, Checkpoint, Fortinet, SonicWALL or Juniper.
- One or more of the following certifications are preferred: CCNA Security, CCSA, JNCIA-FWV, JNCIA-JunOS, GSEC.
Job Family: Information Technology
Job ID: R18853
A little about us:
Dell is a collective of customer-focused, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities.