Job Location: Clarks Summit, PA or Cary, NC
The Analyst is responsible for Network wide efforts to implement, and manage security solutions, primarily focused on Data Centers. The role holder must have the ability to review and recommend security safeguards and configurations in a highly complex Network infrastructure with demonstrated ability to recognize and appropriately incorporate layered security safeguards within the Data Center network perimeter, internal network, application, and data layers. Represent operations organization in a wide array of IT application and infrastructure projects requiring broad knowledge of security. Projects will vary from individual system deployments to large scale Network consolidation initiatives spanning multiyear time lines.
- Provide multi-disciplinary knowledge, skills and experience in technical security architecture and management.
- Provide hands-on knowledge for a wide range of security technologies including, but not limited to: Bluecoat Web Content Filter Proxies, Bluecoat Reporter, Palo Alto URL Filtering, and Active Directory (and related authentication / authorization controls).
- Candidate must also be responsible for execution of Data Center class firewalls technologies. Product and solutions coverage required are Palo Alto, Juniper Netscreen and Cisco ASA.
- Consult on current and upcoming IT technologies and techniques that cover all levels of Network and IT security architecture, including those that affect business processes, data, applications, and network infrastructure. Maintain knowledge of the various industry and government strategies and standards in privacy and security, including Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL), International Organization for Standardization (ISO), US National Institute for Standards and Technology (NIST), and others where applicable.
- 3+ years of IT & Network Security Operations experience working in an infrastructure or security architecture environment with experience required in Juniper Netscreen, Cisco ASA or Palo Alto.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with Layer 4 thru Layer 7 technologies and expert level understanding of mainstream protocols such as TCP, HTTP, SSL, FTP and DNS.
- 1-2+ years of IT & Network Security Operations experience working in an infrastructure or security architecture environment
- 1-2+ years of experience in URL filtering, planning, implementation, and continued management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, information Systems or related field, or years equivalent work experience
- 1+ years of working knowledge of programming – proficiency desired for understanding and ability to implement solutions leveraging the use of APIs, XML, JSON, Python scripting and any other automation tools is highly desirable
- Professional certification; such as CISSP, CCNA, Palo Alto ACE, or other relevant industry certification strongly preferred
- Must have strong analytical skills, excellent understanding of application and network architecture, and must be able to assess security designs independently
- Understanding of virtualization technologies as it pertains to security and Data Centers is also desirable. Fundamental working knowledge of routing and switching
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams globally
- Experience with DevOps
- ADP or equivalent certification preferred, or must be obtained within 6 months of employment. US citizenship is a requirement for certification.
Global Technology & Operations
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 54621