Network enginner IC3
PDIT Network Services has Network/Telecom Systems Analyst positions available preferably in Austin, Texas or West Jordan, Utah.
Responsible for delivery of IT services, including management and delivery of network infrastructure, to Oracle's businesses worldwide.
Maintain records of equipment failure and liaise with engineers and suppliers. Escalate client problems according to established procedures.
Manage network using network management tools, analyze network performance, and recommend network enhancements.
Analyze network performance to ensure adequate bandwidth for business needs.
Recommend enhancements to network infrastructure, and with management agreement, enhance proactive network management tool set.
Troubleshoot network problems on the data center network, remote locations, and countrywide area network through to resolution.
Perform project engineering, including specification definition, design of solution in compliance with corporate standards, implementation, and testing through to production.
Respond to escalated issues due to monitor alarms, identify root cause of outage and coordinate corrective action.
Provide on-call support services and quarterly maintenance weekends.
Employer will accept Master's degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering and 5 years of work experience in job offered or 5 years of work experience in a network engineering-related occupation.
Experience to include:
1) Deploying, managing, supporting, and troubleshooting various high end enterprise Network devices, including Cisco Catalyst/Nexus switches and Routers, Juniper Firewalls, Palo Alto firewalls, F5 Load balancers,Arista switches and Network Analyzers.
2) Identifying and resolving network function and performance related issues of high customer/Enterprise priority.
3) Identifying and prioritizing key initiatives to improve overall quality of enterprise network service.
4) Working with cross functional teams to collect and document business and technical requirements for various project goals and initiatives.
5) Working with cross functional teams to design and implement solutions to meet business and technical requirements.
6) Key host level networking technologies, including layer 2 Switching, routing protocols including RIP, BGP and OSPF, IPv4 and IPv6 addressing, Multilayer switching, and link Aggregation protocols such as LACP/IPMP, high availability and redundancy using STP, vPC, bridge assurance, access lists, application layer security, and load balancing technologies.
7) Interfacing with multiple network vendors to determine best networking practices and configurations specific to enterprise needs.
8) Assessing information security risk to organizational data and service.
9) Designing and implementing countermeasures to address informational security risks.
10) Documenting as-is network services and proposed network service designs.
11) Compute and storage equipment for networking capabilities; Design, implement, and support solutions for compute and storage equipment.
12) TCP/IP - Understand this network model.
13) Python, Expect, Unix and Windows networking components and commands; and
14) Performing detailed network analysis for troubleshooting network performance issues using network analyzers and devices, including Wireshark, Niksun, Netbrain, ThousandEyes, Solarwinds, and Gigamon.
As part of the Network Services team within Oracle*s Global Information Technology organization, you will be responsible for the delivery of IT services to Oracle*s businesses worldwide, these services include the management and delivery of network infrastructure.
Maintain records of equipment failure and liaise with engineers and suppliers as necessary. Escalate client problems according to established procedures. Manage the network using network management tools, analyze network performance and recommend network enhancements. Analyze network performance to ensure adequate bandwidth for business needs. Recommend enhancements to the network infrastructure, and with management agreement enhance proactive network management tool set. Troubleshoot network problems on the campus network, remote locations and country wide area network though to resolution. Perform Project Engineering including specification definition, design of solution in compliance with corporate standards, implementation, testing through to production. Respond to monitor alarms to identify the root cause of an outage and coordinate the corrective action in a timely fashion. Provide on-call support services as needed and provide assistance to others.
Job duties are varied and complex, needing independent judgment. May have project lead role. 5 years relevant work experience and degree/diploma in computer science or IT discipline.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.