Network Solutions Architect
Company: EMC is now part of Dell Technologies
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
Posted: December 17, 2016
Reference ID: 172475BR
Provides technical and /or (business consultative) services during the pre-sales and/or post-sales cycle. May provide technical or business analytical leadership for specific product groups or business objectives in order to engage the customer or implement and maintain an engagement.
**PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES**
• Develops strategies, policies and best practices for the customer.
• Develops and cultivates strong customer relationships ensuring a 'customer for life' relationship. Holds responsibility for achieving the VIRTUSTREAM Bar of Excellence as the highest level of Customer Satisfaction for every customer. Expected to have strong customer-facing skills including negotiation, conflict resolution, and crisis management.
• Adheres to and utilizes proper Escalation and Change Control procedures. Prepares, maintains and submits activity/progress reports and time recording/management reports in accordance with published procedures.
• Stays current on technical specifications for hardware/software requirements of VIRTUSTREAM and industry products through professional associations, trade journals, networking and associated training and seminars. Responsible for sharing information and best practices with others. May be required to support and instruct less experienced co-workers, through classroom training sessions or on-the-job mentoring.
• Provides technical leadership during the implementation of an engagement. Participates in the installation, customization, and integration of a VIRTUSTREAM solution. Maintains awareness of existing or potential customer software/hardware situations. Proactively alerts project management and sales team of potential problems and solutions.
• Supports the design and development of the technical content defined in the Statement of Work. Designs the VIRTUSTREAM solution and supports the installation, customization and integration of the solution. Prepares technical architectural and implementation design documents and works with the Project Manager to develop the implementation plan. Works closely with the Project Manager to define project deliverables and schedules. Helps to identify and leverage VIRTUSTREAM and Partner Resources in order to satisfy the technical needs and objectives of the implementation.
• Is a lead technical expert in the pre-sales qualification and is responsible for the delivery of the technical architectural design, strategizes and plans that will be delivered in the engagement. Responsible for the creation of proposals that address current and evolving client requirements. Develops and articulates solutions based on a customer's strategic business or technical requirements
• Leads requirements gathering for project engagements
• Leads project quality assurance activities, including performing technical QA reviews on components for a team and performing QA reviews of code documentation
• May supervise staff on project engagements in large projects where many technical people may be involved.
• VIRTUSTREAM Proven Professional Certification desired
When you choose our company, you join a diverse world of innovative thought leaders. At our core is a commitment to workplace diversity, the sustainability of our planet, and community corporate involvement. We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities-all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage applicants of all ages.
**Critical Hiring Criteria:**
• Ability to influence others to achieve results.
• Customer focused.
• Possesses strong product/technology/industry knowledge.
• Proficiency in hardware, software and/or operating systems environments.
• Project management skills.
• Possesses operational command of the business.
• Mentoring/Coaching skills.
• Network certification CCNA, CCNP, CCIE Prefered
• VMware NSX knowledge
• Cisco and virtual networking including complex routing OSPF, BGP
• Experience designing and deploying monitoring/reporting solutions for cloud applications
• Vmware vRealize (ie. vCops, VCO, VCAC) design and deployment skills would be an asset
• Experience with other monitoring/alerting applications such as Nagios, Zabbix, Splunk would be an asset
• Self-directed and comfortable working independently on occasion
• 8+ years in field of Data center, network management, network administration
• 4+ years troubleshooting enterprise networks
• Experience designing, deploying and configuring complex networks and virtualization environments
**Education Required:** Bachelors (Technical)
**Experience Required:** 8+ years relevant experience
**Physical Requirements:** No
500 - VIRTUSTREAM
VA - Glen Allen, VA - Herndon, VA - McLean, VA - Reston, WI - Madison, WI - Pewaukee