- The selected individual must be fast, self-motivated, disciplined, organized, detail-oriented and able to work independently.
- Candidate will work in a team environment in the support of a complex network, consisting of various vendor technologies.
- Responsible for following established standards and best practice procedures.
- Create and maintain up-to-date documentation of network design, operation and procedure documentation.
- Extensive Travel Required >60%
- Ability to use good judgment, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Must possess the ability to effectively communicate in a multi-team environment
- Experience in network operating systems, topologies, hardware, routing, switching, and security.
- Knowledge of networking and server technology concepts, maintenance and procedures.
- Onsite Support for Gartner Events globally
- 1-3 years relevant experience
- Setup, support and implementation of IP network solutions.
- Basic configuration and support of OSPF, EIGRP, PPP, VLAN, SPAN, and support of network management protocols and tools.
- Basic support of DHCP, WINS, remote access systems.
- Vendor Management
- Identify, Isolate and resolve network problems quickly to mitigate business impact.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills; ability to work independently and to manage priorities; strong organizational, analytical, and project management skills.
- Solid understanding with Internet services and routing as well as experience working with ISPs an asset.
- Solid understanding and experience with wireless networks and how to fine-tune them for very specific requirements.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Support of SSL IPSEC, PPTP protocols for remote access
- In depth knowledge of Microsoft WIN7/10/MAC including file and print services or newer software
- Thorough knowledge of how to troubleshoot network issues using various network analysis tools
- Ability to work closely with Gartner team as well as vendors to successfully complete projects and resolve problems
- Ability to create and read Network Diagrams for the planning of a Network deployment
- DHCP & DNS setup and maintenance
- Ability to configure, implement and troubleshoot Cisco Wireless Controllers
- Extensive understanding of latest Cisco routers and switch IOS
- Extensive understanding of General, CDP, IP and Vlan Cisco CLI commands
- Understanding of networking media types Twisted-pair cables, fiber-optic cables, wireless
- Ability to configure, implement, troubleshoot and monitor Cisco Aironet and wireless Access Points
- Microsoft WIN7/10/MAC knowledge (including newer software) in order to support clients with Wireless set up and troubleshooting
Job ID 00015305
A little about us:
The world’s leading information technology, marketing and supply chain research and advisory company.