IBM Bluemix IaaS has a global network that is deployed using cutting-edge platforms and we are looking fore Network Support Engineers to assist in the development, engineering, deployment, configuration, break/fix resolution, security and management of IBM's networks. This position interfaces directly with our data center staff, procurement teams, management, development teams, and vendor support staff. This role is responsible for ongoing support of all network infrastructure including routers, firewalls, load-balancers, switches, and any other related network infrastructure.
The work schedule for this position will be 3rd shift (10:00PM to 8:00AM).
- Receive escalations from the Network Operations Center for issues as they arise.
- Provide support to sales and support for customer-related network issues (both pre and post sales
- Plan, schedule, and implement network maintenance's that include firmware upgrades and hardware replacement.
- Troubleshoot and resolve network issues as they arise.
- Engage with Technical Account Managers to represent the networking department in discussions with VIP customers.
- Create diagrams and other documentation of live network environments for internal and customer use.
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.