Organization Name :
Worldwide Systems Operations Department Description:
The Ops Component Engineering (OCE) Team is responsible for (1) providing leadership to drive supplier technology roadmaps and strategic changes to meet Oracle's Cloud hardware business and technical requirements and (2) managing components through their entire life cycle from New Product Introduction/Development (NPI) to End of Life (EOL). The OCE team works closely with Cloud design engineering/product teams, operations engineering, supply management, component suppliers and External Manufacturers (EMs) to provide technical leadership and support to ensure manufacturability of design specifications and to validate the selection and use of components to ensure the specifications are properly met at EMs. The goal is to achieve best in class quality, competitive costs, consistent on-time delivery and time to market for Oracle hardware products. Scope:
Develop and implement solutions for Oracle's Cloud hardware in the area of network switch and serial console components for the Cloud. Responsibilities:
- Develop supplier roadmaps, drive network switch selection as the subject matter expert. Drive roadmap alignment between commodity components and system products.
- Influence and guide engineering teams in early phases of product conception to align with business requirements and commodity technology strategies and roadmaps.
- P articipate in design reviews by providing technical details of components to influence modules/component specifications to meet product design specializations and cost targets.
- Work with design & NPI engineering to ensure manufacturability of design specifications and validate the selection and use of components by engineering to ensure specifications are properly met.
- Identify alternate sources for risk management/mitigation, reduced cost and/or improved quality/reliability and implement changes when appropriate.
- Support NPI and sustaining engineering in qualification and failure analysis to address quality related issues and implement corrective actions. Develop and review qualification/reliability plans, test documents/reports.
- Participate in industry organizations/committees to influence industry directions, monitor industry trends, benchmark the best practices and provide competitive information to Oracle teams.
- BS in Electrical Engineering with at 3-5 years hands-on, demonstrated industry experience.
- Extensive experience and knowledge of hi-speed (10G ) rack mounted switches (Ethernet and InfiniBand) and how they should be deployed in system configurations for the Cloud.
- Related operational experience with enterprise class routers, switches and firewalls. Experience with Cisco, Juniper and Aruba products.
- Experience with networking on and in virtualized server environments or with SDN.
- Experience with network management system (NMS) maintenance, administration, and automation.
- Well versed in the theory and operation of network protocols - TCP/IP, IPv4, IPv6, layer 2 forwarding concepts, IPSec, and routing protocols
- Direct experience and knowledge of the industry leading suppliers of network switches (Juniper, Arista, Cisco, Net Gear, Brocade); network security processors (Palo Alto Networks, Barracuda, Citrix; serial concentrators and consoles (Avocent, Qualys).
- Must have the ability to keep current with alternative systems and technology and make technology recommendations to management consistent with the company's business and systems strategies.
- Experience and knowledge of high performance, rack mounted servers is a plus.
- Network security experience is a plus.
All qualifications are preferred Additional Details/Competencies
- Must be hard working, self-motivated, disciplined, detail and results oriented.
- Strong leadership and problem solving skills with proven track record to meet deliverables and project deadlines.
- Strong business and technical communication skills both in written and verbal formats.
- Ability to interact professionally with internal and external teams at all levels.
- Ability to handle non-routine and very complex job assignments, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously with minimal supervision
Evaluates reliability of materials, properties and techniques used in production; plans, designs and develops electronic parts, components, integrated circuitry, mechanical systems, equipment and packaging, optical systems and/or DSP systems.
Responsible for designing, developing, modifying and evaluating electronic, electro-mechanical or mechanical components, assemblies or integrated circuitry for hardware systems for the external market. Includes new design, as well as modification activities that results in significant product enhancement. Activities encompass design, analysis, testing and process development using engineering principles and methods. Technical disciplines may include electrical and logical design of printed circuit boards or integrated circuits; mechanical design of electronics enclosures or integrated circuit packaging; and embedded software/firmware design.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of engineering or related experience.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.