Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world’s best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for offering escalation support from the XOC HFC Desk,
Regional Engineering, Headends, and other work partners across the
division. XOC Network Technicians monitor Comcast’s network
infrastructure by using various surveillance equipment, tools and
reported information to identify and determine the impacts of an event.
Provides 7-days-a-week, 24-hours-a-day, 365-days-a-year operational
support for all assigned areas. Possesses Works with moderate
supervision/guidance. Is accountable for individual results and impact
- Facilitates training of lower grade technicians to better understand
Telnet, and Command Line Interface commands into the CMTS’s, Routers,
- Provides surveillance for the network from the hub to the backbone.
- Assists in providing upward reporting for Utilization and Capacity
- Reviews and utilizes monitoring tools & reporting systems to trend
capacity and utilization issues.
- Assists in post mortem analysis, capacity and utilization review of
the VOD platform, and the HSI platform.
- Isolates Video, High Speed Internet and Telephony problems by
correlating information from network surveillance equipment, diagnostic
tools and reported information to accurately direct fix organizations
and personnel to most likely source of problem.
- Acts as the point of contact for the escalation from the HFC Desk
technicians of any issues related to the Converged Regional Area Network
- Enters data into trouble ticketing system to document problems
including diagnostic results and multiple product correlation as well as
escalation and repair performance information.
- Escalates outage events and/or impairments to appropriate individuals
and organizations, when not resolved in the prescribed amount of time.
- Escalates to appropriate fix agency as necessary when pre-defined
mean-time to repair metrics are in jeopardy of not meeting PUC and FCC
- Tracks scheduled network maintenance activities in applicable tools
analyzing the duration and potential impact to customers and ensuring
they are consistent with approved times for these activities.
- Acts as local liaison to identify, correlate, communicate, and verify
customer impact for nationally managed care team events.
- Reviews and tracks scheduled maintenance [planned outages] using
defined procedures so that each affected area receives notice as
- Provides remote assistance of hardware replacements.
- Organizes and performs all scheduled maintenance activities.
- Initiates and hosts conference bridges where needed: for critical
issues, set up conference call with all appropriate department
representatives, see issue through to resolution, document as needed.
- Writes and drives action items for post-mortems on network events to
ensure follow-up for all break/fix
- Acts as the first point of escalation from the HFC Desk.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Associate's Degree or Equivalent
- Technical Operations, Network operations, Engineering
- HFC Technician 2, NSD Technician 1; NCTI, SCTE, Microsoft, Cisco or
Juniper certifications preferred.
- Generally requires 2-5 years related experience.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer