We are looking for a person that will be responsible for the install, maintenance and troubleshooting of network devices. Duties will include working with other analysts and departments to achieve the goal of the company. This person will have responsibility for the maintaining the reliability of our client's Network Systems.Major Duties:
Primary Job Duties:
- Performs a variety of network and telecommunication device configuration and connectivity tasks.
- Executes procedures and coordinates corrective action to optimize network telecommunications performance. Installs, configures and monitors tested and evaluated software packages that provide performance measurements of the WAN/LAN and telecommunications systems.
- Implements the standard configuration software loads for all network devices. Utilizes benchmarks and performance measurement and evaluation data to manage network servers and data communication devices to support normal and surge workload. Works with technical support personnel in resolving critical problems.
- Uses remote management software tools to maintain and update configuration, protocol and user/system files.
- Documents and tracks change to configuration, protocol and user/system files.
- Executes appropriate action to ensure backup processes are completed.
- Evaluates the performance of network devices such as call managers servers, workstations, peripheral devices, and remote access systems.
- Coordinates the development and implementation of configuration management plans for telecommunications systems and complex LANs and WANs with supported elements to include headquarters staff elements, tenant activities, state government, regional operating activities and national agencies.
- Responsibility for the reliability of our client's Network Infrastructure (primarily Cisco environment).
- Break/Fix of Network Devices.,
- Perform network diagnostics to remediate detected/reported network incidents.
- Perform scheduled network configuration changes.
- Work with groups within IT Infrastructure and IT Applications in resolving problem issues.
We have experienced tremendous growth over the last decade. This is a great opportunity for a technician to get their foot in the door with a great company and have the opportunity grow in the IT arena. Once you become full time with the company, technicians with receive great benefits through the company. We also helps technicians gain additional certifications in the industry which would also allow employees to be looked at for raises/bonuses.About TEKsystems:Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options.
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.