Neuro Technician / PRN
Del Sol Medical Center is a Level II Trauma, 347 bed acute care TJC accredited hospital. Within our hospital campus, we also house an Inpatient, CARF accredited Rehabilitation Hospital. We are located on the Eastside of El Paso, Texas right off of Interstate 10. We provide exceptional patient care services to the El Paso and Fort Bliss communities, as well as Southern New Mexico and West Texas Regions.
Performs a variety of duties relating to administration of electromyography, electroencephalogram, visual and evoked responses, and somatosensory. Knowledge of medical terminology. Able to communicate effectively with physicians, patients, managers, and the public. Able to recognize and report abuses and neglect in patients. Ability to operate and perform basic maintenance on all machines used. Knowledge of departmental quality assurance program collects data. Implements policies and reports information in a timely manner to the department manager/director.
1. Preparation of EEG, BAER, VER, SSEP examinations
- Coordinates scheduling of patient and examinations
- Instructs patients on preparation and examinations.
- Prepares equipment and gathers supplies prior to exam.
2. Administration of EEG, EMG, BAER, VER and SSEP exams.
- Takes patient history, prepares patient for the exam, operate equipment to administer exams.
3. Post examination duties.
- Copy and file EEG/EMG results.
- Log patient's name and procedure performed.
- Chart and mail reports to requesting physicians.
- File all reports.
4. Performs maintenance checks and calibrates all machines.
5. Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED: (list required and preferred separately)
High school diploma or general education degree (GED);
Completion of an accredited school for Neurodiagnostics preferred.
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION: (list required and preferred separately)
Registered EEG/EMG preferred. Current BCLS.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED: (list required and preferred separately)
Two years of experience performing EEG/EMG
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
Reads and writes basic English.
Knowledge of body substance isolation
Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs.
Management skills; ability to motivate and lead staff in the workplace and make recommendations for change.
Management skills: ability to plan and organize to reach a common goal