• Profound demonstrated expertise (>10 years) in Neuropharmacology and/or Neurobiology and ancillary disciplines.
• Demonstrated track record of successfully leading and delivering discovery programs involving all relevant disciplines throughout all phases of discovery.
• Significant experience in outsourcing/partnering and assessing data quality from CROs and collaborators.
• Independent, curious and externally facing passionate neuroscientist enjoying to learn about new areas and driving programs in a virtual setting with global CROs and/or academic institutions as well as with support of GSK in-house resources from target validation to proof of concept.
• Ability to work together with the virtual Neuroscience PoC DPU team across several projects with the aim to jointly deliver our portfolio. Work collaboratively with groups outside and within the GSK organization in a matrix organization.
• Interface with external experts to identify and critically evaluate innovative scientific opportunities.
• Perform evaluations of In-licensing opportunities including competitive intelligence and capable of assessing biological partnering opportunities (i.e. target validation, biological and pharmacological rational, translation etc.).
• Strong team player with good communication skills.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to clearly describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter will be used to assess your application.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
The Neuroscience Virtual Proof-of-Concept Discovery Performance Unit (Neuro VPoC DPU) Biology Program Leader is responsible for leading the biology and translational medicine aspects of drug discovery programs. The successful candidate will identify and lead Neuroscience projects for the unit to build the portfolio and to deliver new treatments for patients. Neuro VPoC DPU is a small hand selected team of highly accomplished drug hunters aiming to transform Neuroscience RnD by flexible using cutting edge external partners as well as the best GSK internal platform support. Being 'virtual' means we do not have wet labs within our nimble externally facing, biotech-like unit allowing our members to act highly independently in driving our projects by partnering with the best science available.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
A little about us:
We are a science-led global healthcare company on a mission to help people to do more, feel better and live longer.