New Account Services Associate, Brokerage Operations – Capital One Investing
Just a cool company looking for cool people. At Capital One, we march to a different beat! While we may be a top-10 bank by deposits, we operate and innovate with the punch of a start-up. With thousands of employees, we never lose anyone in the shuffle, but celebrate individuals with respect and exceptional benefits. And we don’t just fill positions, we recruit the best and the brightest people that know how to set industry trends and WOW customers. Today we are a high-tech company, a scientific laboratory, and a nationally recognized brand all in one that reaches fifty+ millions of customers. We dabble a little in financials too.
Capital One Investing is booming in Wilmington. If you think you’re a fit for our team, ask yourself these questions:
- Are you a daily out of the box thinker?
- Do you like to work smarter, not harder?
- Is your motto, “the only thing that is constant is change?”
We’re looking for an Operations Associate to support our Brokerage Operations team.
This position is the subject matter expert within an assigned functional area within the Brokerage Operations Account Services / New Accounts area. Functional area(s) may include initiating new accounts in client onboarding, reviewing initiated new and existing accounts for approval and account opening, data entry for direct trades (Mutual Funds, 529 plans, Life Insurance).
The position will be responsible for processes and tasks that require analytical thinking, judgment, and decision making based on business policy and industry rules and regulations including but not limited to FINRA, SEC, IRS, Fed Reserves, NACHA and OCC. Ensuring compliance with industry regulation and Capital One control standards is vital in this role. Responsible for suggesting improvements to policies and procedures, creating and maintaining process efficiencies, and ensuring compliance with industry regulations.
Individuals in this role will need to build rapport with internal and external customers, and will be relied on to answer all inquiries and resolve all problems related to their area of expertise, as well as, most general questions about back office operating procedures and brokerage policies.
To be successful, this position will require working knowledge of SEC rules and FINRA rules. A successful candidate will be a self-starter with an aptitude for risk management and the analytical skills to recommend enhancements to current processes and procedures, and the fortitude to react quickly to an adverse situation.
- Ensure all required paperwork for new accounts is submitted, complete and signed by all authorized parties
- Initiate and/or approve new accounts
- Confirm Equifax was run and acceptable
- Confirm paperwork provided matches data entered in Netx360 and/or Pandia as required
- Minimize risk exposure to both client and firm
- Participate in user acceptance testing and post production testing
- Review, research and respond to Financial Advisor escalations
- Work with various internal and external business partners to research and resolve issues in an accurate and timely manner
- Participate in updating current procedures and documenting new procedures
- Perform as subject matter expert in assigned area(s)
- Provide training to team members or other departments
- Stay current on industry rules or regulations that pertain to areas of responsibility and advise management of upcoming changes
- Participate in business continuity testing and disaster recovery plans
- Identification and escalation of potential fraudulent activity
- Work with team to improve work processes resulting in reduced costs for greater profitability, productivity and improved customer service quality
- Participate in departmental responsibilities as assigned
- Well-developed organizational skills
- Strong communication skills
- Enthusiastic leadership skills
- Ability to influence others
- FINRA Series 99
If you do not hold a specific FINRA license needed for this role, you will be required to obtain that license within 60 to 90 days from your start date as a condition of employment.
- High School diploma, GED, equivalent certification or military experience
- At least 2 years of Brokerage industry experience
- 3+ years of Brokerage industry experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.