Applied Materials, Inc. is the global leader in providing innovative equipment, services and software to enable the manufacture of advanced semiconductor, flat panel display and solar photovoltaic products. Our technologies help make innovations like smartphones, flat screen TVs and solar panels more affordable and accessible to consumers and businesses around the world. At Applied Materials, we turn today's innovations into the industries of tomorrow.
Applied Materials New Business Development group is searching for a summer associate to join our team and help the company drive innovation and expand into exciting, new business areas. The position will entail the following:
Qualifications: Education Majors Preferred: A technical degree is preferred; math statistics, ME, current MBA student
- Research markets and synthesize results for an executive audience
- Assess emerging business opportunities that are outside the company's core markets
- Identify potential academic and business partners
- Conduct technology due diligence and support the team's M&A efforts
- Help to run internal and external innovation contests
- Student must be pursuing a valid degree program in which he/she will graduate with a degree appropriate and useful for work within Applied Materials.
- All college interns/co-ops, must maintain enrollment in a degree seeking program and be in good academic standing at their university, with a GPA of 3.0 or above on a 4.0 scale (3.0 or above preferred).
- Transcripts will be required periodically to confirm eligibility.
- Previous summer work helpful.
- Quick learner
- Comfortable communicating both internally and externally with high level executives
- Passion for technology - AV/VR, life sciences, energy storage, miniaturization, autonomous vehicles, and many other subjects
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.