More information about this job:OVERVIEW:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco. POSITION SUMMARY:
This position will be responsible for the improvement of Sysco's market position and achieving financial growth by defining long-term strategic goals, identifying business opportunity, securing new customers and negotiating contracts to secure their business. Working with the RSMs, DSMs and MA, the New Business Developer fosters relationships with prospects and transitions these accounts to the sales force. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify, prospect and build relationships with potential customers
- Retention and penetration of existing customers
- In conjunction with the VP of Sales, RSM's and Director of Business Resources, develops and executes a comprehensive business development strategy.
Education and / or Experience:
- 4 Year Bachelor Degree Preferred
- 3+ years of proven success, preferably in the food services industry, and has demonstrated success in driving sales growth
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with a variety of stakeholders; can derive insights from others through probing questions and collaborative problem solving
- Demonstrated experience with and working knowledge of Sysco customers and sales support best practices
- Knowledge of marketing principles, product lines, ordering procedures and credit terms of SYSCO. Familiarity with customer service activities, inter-departmental communications and general finance concepts
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunityis available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.