The successful New Business Development Manager has the demonstrated ability to create impactful, short-term relationships with targeted pharmacy prospects and excellent new business pipeline management skills that lead directly to a high Win close ratio. The New Business Development Manager uses consultative selling skills to identify the prospect's specific needs, prepares comprehensive and impactful proposals designed to deliver solutions to those needs, persuasively presents the offering, negotiates and obtains customer signature on a Prime Vendor Contract. The New Business Development Manager works collaboratively with Sales Executives as a source of leads and subject matter expertise, and sales management as necessary to progress and close new customer business. This role works directly with the Sales Executive to transition new business once the Prime Vendor Agreement is signed by the customer. This role requires extensive travel including overnight travel within the designated territory. The territory for this position covers Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington and Wyoming. The incumbent will ideally live in Washington to effectively manage the territory.
Responsibilities and job duties:
- Develops productive business relationships with Independent Retail, Long-Term Care and Specialty Pharmacy prospective customers that build individual customer trust and confidence in the ABDC selling process
- Effectively and efficiently manages the entire new business sales pipeline such that prospect time at each level is minimized, the time to close is continually improved and close ratio goals are met
- Develops and persuasively presents ABDC proposals that meet the needs of individual prospective Retail, Long-Term Care and Specialty Pharmacy prospects and move them towards Prime Vendor Agreement signature
- Closes Retail, Long-Term Care & Specialty Pharmacy new business in each fiscal year in order to meet the new business revenue, profit, and solution goals
- Successfully develops internal relationships and works collaboratively with Sales Executives as a source of leads and subject matter expertise
- Continually works in collaboration with the Business Development Director and other internal personnel in order to progress prospects through the sales pipeline. Effectively builds coalitions both internally and externally.
- Ability to rapidly build trust and credibility with prospective customers
- Excellent pipeline management, prospect needs analysis, tailored proposal development, and proposal presentation skills
- Excellent and persuasive consultative selling skills
- Able to build internal collaboration with subject matter experts and others as necessary
- Highly competitive and goal oriented
- Good understanding of value and profit principles
- Strong creativity skills; yet focused and disciplined
- Requires a minimum of five (5) years of demonstrated and successful direct new customer acquisition sales experience
A little about us:
Where knowledge, reach and partnership shape healthcare delivery.