Otis, a United Technologies company, is the world leader in reliable, efficient and technologically advanced elevators, escalators and people-moving systems. Our revolutionary Gen2® elevators, energy-saving ReGen™ drives and NCE "green" escalator have clearly set the industry standard for innovation, safety and performance. More than 2.4 million Otis elevators and escalators are currently in operation throughout 200 different countries. We are proud to have a global team that continues to rise to the challenges of a fast-moving company. Together, the people of Otis are creating new ideas and opportunities by collaborating across time zones, geographies and cultures. So just imagine where we can take you!
The Eastern region is seeking a new equipment construction and mod superintendent for its Buffalo branch. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and are looking for an opportunity to develop your field operations career, then we have a great opportunity for you. We are seeking a motivated, top performing field operations professional to deliver high quality products/services that meet customer needs. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrated ability to direct, supervise and lead the performance of field operations for the New Equipment installation side of Otis' business
- Responsible for direct supervision of construction mechanics and installation teams
- The position requires regular meetings with customers to be held to address their needs and ensure that the sites are properly prepared for our installation
- Efficiently scheduling labor resources
- Managing an operating budget
- Supporting the sale of equipment upgrades
- Identifying and driving efficiency improvements in our New Equipment operations and conducting frequent elevator equipment audits
- Self-motivated individuals who have the ability to manage many simultaneous projects and responsibilities
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Must be able to work in a highly team-oriented and dynamic environment
- Bachelor's degree was 6-10+ years' experience or equivalent elevator industry experience
- 5-7 years elevator industry experience is preferred
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
A little about us:
Otis Elevator Company is the world's largest manufacturer and maintainer of people-moving products, including elevators, escalators and moving walkways - a constant, reliable name for more than 160 years.