Otis, a United Technologies company, is the world leader in reliable, efficient and technologically advanced elevators, escalators and people-moving systems. Our revolutionary Gen2® elevators, energy-saving ReGen™ drives and NCE "green" escalator have clearly set the industry standard for innovation, safety and performance. More than 2.4 million Otis elevators and escalators are currently in operation throughout 200 different countries. We are proud to have a global team that continues to rise to the challenges of a fast-moving company. Together, the people of Otis are creating new ideas and opportunities by collaborating across time zones, geographies and cultures. So just imagine where we can take you!
Do you have project management experience in the elevator or construction industry? Can you manage multiple projects at one time? Do you enjoy working in a dynamic environment? If so, we have a position for you!
The New Equipment Project Manager will be responsible for the overall management of several Otis projects and ensure that each project is completed in a timely manner, within budget, and meets all technical and financial standards, regulatory compliance requirements, and customer expectations. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide pre-construction support, generation of approvals, coordination of tasks with sales team and field supervision, scheduling, monitoring progress, invoicing, and supervising customer personnel assigned to projects
- Work closely with multiple representatives of the owner, general contractor, state and local authorities and regulatory agencies
- Prepare reports, updates, and presentations concerning project status and forecasts
- Conduct progress meetings with owner and general contractor, and manage vendors
- A minimum of 2-3 years related project management and/or construction experience preferred, and knowledge of the principals of cost estimating, scheduling, and contract administration
- Ability to accurately interpret construction contractual documents and contract modifications
- Possess proficient oral, written communication, and presentation skills, and be able to communicate effectively with a wide variety of people with diverse backgrounds at all levels and disciplines
- Must be able to develop and maintain positive, cooperative, team-oriented relationships with co-workers, supervisors, managers, clients and others in contact with the job
- Bachelor's degree is required
- Project Management and/or Construction experience is preferred
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
A little about us:
Otis Elevator Company is the world's largest manufacturer and maintainer of people-moving products, including elevators, escalators and moving walkways - a constant, reliable name for more than 160 years.