Otis, a United Technologies company, is the world leader in reliable, efficient and technologically advanced elevators, escalators and people-moving systems. Our revolutionary Gen2® elevators, energy-saving ReGen™ drives and NCE "green" escalator have clearly set the industry standard for innovation, safety and performance. More than 2.4 million Otis elevators and escalators are currently in operation throughout 200 different countries.
We are proud to have a global team of 60,000 employees that continues to rise to the challenges of a fast-moving company. Together, the people of Otis are creating new ideas and opportunities by collaborating across time zones, geographies and cultures. So just imagine where we can take you!
The Chicago New Equipment branch office of Otis Elevator Company is searching for a highly motivated New Equipment Sales Account Manager to sell elevators and escalators for new installation projects. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Estimating, bidding, and negotiating elevators and escalators for new installation projects
- Providing effective sales presentations, basic elevator consultation and technical guidance to building owners, general contractors, architects, and consultants
- Overseeing job details throughout sales process, including managing contract documents, creating approvals and layouts and tracking to completion
- Implementing new equipment sales installation process by working directly with field management on projects and coordinating activities and information related to ordering and installation of Otis equipment
- Monitoring collection of accounts
- Preferred candidate will have 2+ years of sales experience; Sales experience within the elevator industry is preferred
- Must possess proficient oral and written communication and presentation skills to effectively interact with a wide variety of people with diverse background of all levels and disciplines, including general contractors and architects
- Must be proficient with reading/understanding architectural drawings and specifications
- Must be able to work in a highly team-oriented and dynamic environment
- Self-motivated individuals who have the ability to manage many simultaneous projects and responsibilities are a must
- Must have strong computer skills
- Bachelor's degree required, engineering or technical field preferred; or equivalent in relevant work experience
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
A little about us:
Otis Elevator Company is the world's largest manufacturer and maintainer of people-moving products, including elevators, escalators and moving walkways - a constant, reliable name for more than 160 years.