Company Description Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity
. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere . This is our global vision and the common purpose
that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity
to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be. Team Description
The Global Information Security team provides enterprise-wide, risk-based security and continuity capabilities to meet changing internal and external threat landscapes. The InfoSec team is responsible for identifying and protecting sensitive information, detecting and responding to cyber threats, and maintaining compliance with regulatory requirements and industry standards.
"Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code." Job Description
We are looking for Information Security Analysts to join our Global Information Security team. Some job duties and past projects have included:
- Creating requirements and design documents
- Performing discovery/data analysis and gap analysis
- Threat modeling and analyzing solutions to identify security gaps and capabilities
- Instrumenting tools to measure, compile and discover security-relevant data
- Implementing Proof of Concepts that realize security architectures and solutions
- Assisting subject matter experts in researching and developing security assessments of existing solutions as well as defining security architectures for new solutions
- Presenting results in front of a wide audience including senior leaders in Visa
So what are we looking for in an Information Security Analyst?
- Students graduating in Fall 2016 of Spring 2017
- Pursuing a Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Security, or a related field
- Proven leadership capabilities, as demonstrated in professional, academic, or volunteer environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and strong communication skills. (Verbal and written)
- Ability to work unsupervised and able to research solutions
- Preferred experience in engineering of mobile applications, web applications, database, big data, operating systems, network and system design would be strong assets
- Preferred experience in applied cryptography, data protection, identity access management, virtualization, mobile and network would be strong assets
- Prior experience on IAM products related to Authentication, provisioning, authorization, SSO, and/or enterprise security protocols like SAML, OpenID, OAuth and/or mobile development (iOS/Android) a big plus.
- Prior knowledge of data analytics tools and programming a plus.
San Francisco / Bay Area, CA
Highlands Ranch, CO
A little about us:
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization.