Company Description Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity
. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere . This is our global vision and the common purpose
that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity
to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be. Team Description
In order for Visa to deliver on the version of the best way to pay be paid for everyone, everywhere, the Operations & Infrastructure team must provide best-in-class infrastructure services that are secure, scalable, continuously available, and run on software-defined infrastructures. The O&I team is charged with building, operating, and maintaining secure and reliable data centers, systems and networks to support the business functionality that Visa provides to payment industry stakeholders.
"Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code." Job Description
We are looking for Systems Engineers to join our Operations & Infrastructure team. Past job duties and project have included:
- Installing, maintaining, and upgrading z/OS operating systems and subsystems using SMP/E.
- Installing, maintaining, and upgrading various third party software tools.
- Providing 24x7 production support of Visa operations and second level z/OS application and system support.
- Working with other support, development, and user groups to manage requests from the perspective of infrastructure design and functionality.
- Working with vendors on software upgrades and problems.
- Aiding applications and operations teams with problem determination.
- Students graduating in Fall 2016 or Spring 2017
- Pursuing a Master's degree in Computer Science, IT or a related field
- Basic knowledge of z/OS operating system and significant subsystems, including by not exclusive to: JCL, TSO, ISPF, SDSF
- Strong execution and analytical abilities
- College level computer programming knowledge
- Basic knowledge of documentation tools, such as Microsoft Word, Excel & Power Point
- Strong ability to collaborate with excellent communication skills
- Excellent problem determination skills
- Highly driven and resourceful
San Francisco / Bay Area, CA
Highlands Ranch, CO
A little about us:
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization.