Company Description Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity
. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere . This is our global vision and the common purpose
that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity
to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
"Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code." Job Description
Visa Research is a newly created research organization as part of the company's effort on expanding its technology research capabilities globally.
Visa Research conducts both applied and fundamental research. It engages with the company's technology and product teams, business partners, academics, and governments, to explore and develop technologies that are critical to the payments industry in the future.
Visa Research currently focuses on building research teams in three key areas: Data Analytics, Security, and Future of Payment. We are looking for outstanding researchers and engineers at all levels of experience as part of the founding team in the Data Analytics area, reporting to the Head of Data Analytics.
Working on payment technology research at Visa is a unique opportunity at a time when the payments industry is undergoing a digital transformation with Mobile and disruptive payment. We offer you the opportunity to be at the center of innovation in the payments industry and advanced research on next generation payment technology and security. The Position
The Research Scientist will work with a team to conduct world-class research on advanced payment technology and contribute to the long-term research agenda for innovative disruptive payment technologies for financial inclusion and insights to Visa's strategic products and business.
This role represents an exciting opportunity to make key contributions to Visa's strategic vision as a world-leading payment processing company. The successful candidate must have strong academic track record and demonstrate excellent software engineering skills. The successful candidate will be a self-starter comfortable with ambiguity, with strong attention to detail, and excellent collaboration skills. Responsibilities:
- Research and develop cutting-edge technologies to support distributed decentralized payment technology that is highly scalable with high transactions throughput
- Research area can varies from Consensus improvements, improvements and practical use of Zero Knowledge Proof to protect transaction privacy, Data security etc.
- Interoperability between different permissioned blockchain transaction ledgers and interoperability with public blockchain networks
- Improve and enhancement of Blockchain query techniques and area of innovation
- Challenges involve in running Blockchain network and becoming blockchain network service providers for Visa partners.
- Research on cryptocurrencies minting and distribution challenges specially for Central banks
- Collaborate with team members to deliver innovative technologies, insights and products to Visa business units to resolve their significant product pain-points and create new growth opportunities.
- Collaborate with our partners in academia, industry and government on key initiatives to advance our big data research agenda.
- Work with team members and cross-functional teams (internal/external) that include representation from Technology, Product, Operations, Market Research, etc.
- Foster in-depth and productive relationships at all levels with team members and clients internally and externally.
- PhD degree in computer science, electrical engineering, statistics, mathematics, or equivalent field
- Research experience in Cryptocurrencies, Blockchain, Distributed Database, In-memory Database, data security algorithms.
- Proficiency with object oriented programming languages, such as Go, Haskell, Scala, Java and Python
- Strong track record in research publications and impact in the research community.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to think outside the box and innovate.
- Experience in payments or related industry is desire
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization.