New and Recon Parts Product Manager
Cummins is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create the world's leading clean, engine technology. We're also small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a diverse, inclusive, empowering environment.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin Working Right .
Our Corporate Business Unit delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you'll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career. Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity in Columbus, Indiana for a New and Recon Parts Product Manager. Cummins USA is where you can work on industry leading Marketing projects.
Your impact will happen in these and other ways:
• Leads the marketing initiatives for new product introduction and existing product change introduction.
• Develops the long-term product line strategy, forecast, and the annual operating plan.
• Provides product line budget requirements into the business unit annual operating plan.
• Leads the development of product introduction plans.
• Develops all aspects of the marketing mix to ensure the successful launch of new products and throughout the subsequent lifecycle.
• Presents marketing approach for functional review and to the change management review group.
• Leads available marketing resources and uses those resources appropriately and as needed to support the product range.
• Ensures that the product branding strategy is implemented effectively, and leads and supports internal and external communications in relations to the product range.
• Protects intellectual property of the organization, and works with legal counsel and engineering to ensure asset protection.
• Defines and adopts, in the target market, a specific stance relative to the competition with the use of market research capabilities.
• Leads improvement of customer satisfaction and solves ongoing customer issues in relation to the product range.
• Leads management of the product lifecycle; determines when products should be deemed obsolete.
• Develops, implements, and measures results of product promotions.
• Engages with other functions and global locations to ensure global profitability of the product line.
• Recommends marketing process changes that will improve Value Package Introduction and Value Package Change processes.
• Coaches business partners regarding branding.
• Motivates employees to become branding ambassadors.
Skills and Experience Required:
Managing Profitability - Understanding of the relative contributions of the multiple product lines in the business as well as the ability to develop and execute a product management plan that maximizes profitability of the business. If in a sales role, the person is capable of compiling and maintaining an account tracking document. This includes the capability to interrogate profitability results, product costs, et cetera and advise recommended actions.
Market Analysis - Familiar with the primary competition in the market. Aware of regulatory, political, and other environmental pressures currently at work in the market(s) of interest.
Product Knowledge - Knowledge of products and product lines. Able to represent the features and benefits to sell the products. Able to recognize customer needs and suggest product applications to solve problems and create benefits for the customer. Able to teach others to formulate effective messages and represent the features and benefits of the product.
Market Positioning - Understands market positioning tools and can apply them.
Required Education, Licenses or Certifications
College, university, or equivalent degree in Marketing, Sales, technical or related subject required.
Compensation and Benefits
Base hourly rate commensurate with experience . Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity to start your career with Cummins today. careers.cummins.com
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins
A little about us:
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.