*New Product Introduction Senior Engineer - Round Rock, TX *
* *- Perform as Global Lead, facilitating all the global readiness meeting across all regions
- Communicate all new product road-map information
- Monitor and track all readiness activities and report back on status updates
- Setup an effective governance process for NPI across all repair locations
- Provide direction & assistance to the global team to ensure on-time service readiness
- Work with upstream/downstream customers and conditions that affect the NPI process and streamline the launch process
- Identify roadblocks for on-time RTS, escalate and resolve the roadblocks,
including researching commodity proactive and backlog substitution requests from GSP Material Planning team to verify the compatibility of a parts as interchangeable and/or as direct replacement part.
- Develop good cross-functional relationship with both Product Engineering and WW Service Program Management to determine effective commodity substitutions
- Validate all part substitution request to support Dell parts planning team and work with product teams to qualify new part request
- Serve as the primary change management engineering contact reviewing all ECO’s for proper field service disposition.
- Review/Validate repair supplier’s Minimum Ship-able revision, repair rework instructions, and BIOS/Firmware updates for correct disposition of change via Agile.
* *- Undergraduate degree and 6 years, or Graduate degree and 4 years of relevant experience
- 5 years of project management, process engineering, and design/system engineering,
- Good Verbal and written communication skills
- Must have strong problem solving, strength in the core competencies of organizational agility, dealing with ambiguity, ability to influence senior management, command and presentation skills are critical.
- Programming/SW tool Development skill
- PMP certification
*Company Description *
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?*
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
*Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind:* Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.
**Job:** **Manufacturing - New Product Introduction Engineering*
**Organization:** **Global Services*
**Title:** *New Product Introduction Senior Engineer - Round Rock, TX*
**Location:** *TX-Round Rock*
**Requisition ID:** *16000ZDY*