Requires knowledge and experience in own discipline; still acquiring higher-level knowledge and skills. Builds knowledge of the company, processes and customers. Solves a range of straightforward problems. Analyzes possible solutions using standard procedures. Receives a moderate level of guidance and direction.Key Responsibilities
- Develops, implements, and maintains methods, operation sequence and processes in the fabrication of parts, components, sub-assemblies and final assemblies.
- Interfaces with other engineering functions to coordinate the release of product improvements and/or new products. Launches, releases, approves and implements or issues engineering change requests as required to support design engineering and Operations with new and existing products.
- Estimates manufacturing costs, determines time standards and makes recommendations for tooling and process requirements. Uses DFx principles to reduce manufacturing and/or product costs, and improve delivered product quality.
- Develops and uses test procedures, including assisting with the definition of test specifications with design / software engineering. May work with test engineering on the design and development of text fixtures. May assist in the coordination of test fixture sourcing activities.
- Gathers operational and test data and evaluates results; may takes corrective/continuous improvement actions.
- Evaluates work methods, procedures and policies. Participates in the development and maintenance of new and existing business processes; updates as necessary to ensure current practices are documented.
- Determines root cause and corrective action analysis for issues that arise during assembly and/or test of systems; provides failure analysis report as required.
- Performs Process Failure Mode, Effects and Criticality Analysis when working with New Product Development.
- Demonstrates expanded conceptual knowledge in own discipline and broadens capabilities
- Understands key business drivers; uses this understanding to accomplish own work
- No supervisory responsibilities but provides informal guidance to new team members
- Solves problems in straightforward situations; analyzes possible solutions using technical experience and judgment and precedents
- Impacts quality of own work and the work of others on the team; works within guidelines and policies
- Explains complex information to others in straightforward situations
- Bachelor's Degree
- 2 - 4 Years of Experience
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.