Requires specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise. Interprets internal or external business issues and recommends best practices. Solves complex problems; takes a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions. Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations. May lead functional teams or projects.Key Responsibilities
- Advanced knowledge of NPME role. Leads the development, implementation, and release of BOMs and product structure for complex products. Drives the development and implementation of new product manufacturing, test, and sourcing strategies. Provides recommendations to improve the commercialization of the product.
- Manages the development and validation of Operation Method Sheets (OMS) for complex new products.
- Utilizes data from 3D solid model virtual analysis process, including Master Layout (MLO) and Digital Mock Up (DMU) to recommend solutions to improve the manufacturability of complex new product.
Actively participates in design reviews, providing DFA, DFAe, DFTp, ITO, and operational efficiency improvement feedback to new product development team to drive cost, quality, and cycle time goals.
- Project manages Change Control Board (CCB) for respective BU. Orchestrates change requests and executes change control processes including Non Standard Requests (NSRs), Engineering Change Orders (ECOs), Supplier Problem Sheets (SPSs), Engineering Specification Waivers (ESWs).
- Leads the disposition and resolution of issues requiring Long Term Corrective Action (LTCA) for project/program. Performs root cause corrective analysis (RCCA) and correlates to determine systemic issues. Champions business process and/or software solutions.
- Leads the managed build process for programs/projects.
- Provides technical support and training to Applied and contract manufacturing resources, including piece part suppliers related to new product introductions.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates depth and/or breadth of expertise in own specialized discipline or field
- Interprets internal/external business challenges and recommends best practices to improve products, processes or services
- May lead functional teams or projects with moderate resource requirements, risk, and/or complexity
- Leads others to solve complex problems; uses sophisticated analytical thought to exercise judgment and identify innovative solutions
- Impacts the achievement of customer, operational, project or service objectives; work is guided by functional policies
- Communicates difficult concepts and negotiates with others to adopt a different point of view
- Bachelor's Degree
- 7 - 10 Years of Experience
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
A little about us:
A global leader in materials engineering solutions for the semiconductor, flat panel display and solar photovoltaic (PV) industries.