Company: Altice USA
Location: Edison, New Jersey
Posted: October 12, 2017
Reference ID: 2017-16393
Altice USA is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States. We are a subsidiary of Altice NV, a convergent global leader in telecom, content, media, entertainment and advertising founded in 2001 by entrepreneur Patrick Drahi. We are driven by a philosophy to always challenge ourselves. We question everything so that we can find the best way forward for our customers. And in a world where continuous innovation is the only way forward, we are redefining the vision we have for our customers, enterprises, advertisers - and our people.
News 12 Networks is the first, largest and most watched 24-hour local television news network in the country, with seven individual local news channels and five traffic and weather channels serving Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut, Westchester, Hudson Valley, the Bronx, and Brooklyn.
We are looking for the right individual to be the primary presenter of news and other content across all platforms including social media in a way that connects with viewers, demonstrating credibility, authority and broadly based knowledge of news. The Anchor will assist in the writing, copy editing, researching and coordinating of news programming and other content presentation. Develop sources, maintain contacts and pursue leads that result in original stories. Provide leadership that encourages excellence and assist in the smooth operation of the organization. Maintain a deep level of familiarity with issues, newsmakers, and current events. Will act as field reporter as assigned as well as respond to breaking news and other urgent newsroom situations as required. This position is responsible for participating in promotional activities including public appearances, will also participate in special projects and perform other duties as assigned. Represent News 12 positively in the community in a courteous and professional manner.
• Minimum of four years full-time professional news experience including two years anchoring experience preferred.
• Highly effective on-air performance, excellent news judgment, and extensive knowledge of local and national current events and history, newsmakers, and issues are required.
• Should have excellent news writing and copy editing ability for all platforms including social media, practical knowledge of newsgathering equipment and computers and knowledge of news production techniques.
• Ability to conduct probing, in-depth and engaging interviews and enhances stories by providing insight and perspective.
• Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to identify problems and develop solutions.
• Maintain professional personal appearance as defined by News 12 management.
• Knowledge of libel laws and ethical foundations of journalism.
• Ability to think quickly and respond appropriately in high pressure situations.
• Ability to work cooperatively with others to create a sense of teamwork in the presentation of news and other programming.
• Candidate must have a valid driver's license with good driving record and flexibility to work any assigned shift.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet and maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.