Altice USA is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States. We are a subsidiary of Altice NV, a convergent global leader in telecom, content, media, entertainment and advertising founded in 2001 by entrepreneur Patrick Drahi. We are driven by a philosophy to always challenge ourselves. We question everything so that we can find the best way forward for our customers. And in a world where continuous innovation is the only way forward, we are redefining the vision we have for our customers, enterprises, advertisers - and our people.
News 12 Networks is the first, largest and most watched 24-hour local television news network in the country, with seven individual local news channels and five traffic and weather channels serving Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut, Westchester, Hudson Valley, the Bronx, and Brooklyn. Responsibilities
News junkies and those passionate for the news and the world around them are the perfect fit for our Editorial Internship. Interns will take part in the process of news gathering, news production and broadcast writing by working with assignment desk editors, associate producers and/or producers. They will attend the daily editorial meetings and will have the ability to pitch, research and help coordinate story coverage. Interns will also receive hands on experience with our News Production system and will be expected to research and write news stories that are creative, clear and accurate. The editorial internship role requires acute attention to detail, editorial judgment and writing skills. Qualifications
- Currently attending an accredited college and have achieved senior status or enrolled in a graduate program.
- We will also consider recent graduates.
- Knowledge of local and national current events, newsmakers, and issues.
- Ability to perform tasks under pressure, strong news judgment and effective news writing is a plus.
- Should have creative ability to identify problems and develop solutions as well as strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be highly organized and possess time management skills.
- Hiring decisions are based on your major field of study, past work/internship experience, and extracurricular activities. We are looking for candidates who will make the most of this great opportunity.
- Interns are not eligible for company medical benefits, holiday pay or sick pay.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet and maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.
A little about us:
Altice USA is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States.