Next Gen 5G Researcher Job Description
The successful candidate will be joining an advanced wireless research team within the Wireless Communications Research organization in Intel Labs. The candidate is expected to conduct research on next generation wireless technologies 5G, which include massive MIMO, interference mitigation, mm Wave access, advanced coding techniques, and other leading edge topics. Research responsibilities will include theoretical analysis, algorithm development and simulations at system/network-level, towards designing next generation wireless networks for advanced 5G/5G usages. The results will be used in protocol and architecture development and contribution to international standards ex. 3GPP. You will be an innovative thinker, well-versed in communication/information theory and wireless networking, and fluent in writing simulations of advanced communications systems. You will be expected to publish research results, create intellectual property, and should have excellent communications skills. You will be expected to interact with internal product groups to help align technical strategies with other companies and industry working groups. You may also be expected to mentor and collaborate with universities under ongoing Intel university research programs.Qualifications
- PhD in Electrical or Computer Engineering with Communications/Computer Science background with relevant industry experience
- 1 years' experience with systems level simulations in C/C and Matlab
- 1 years' experience with wireless standards such as 3GPP and/or IEEE 802.11
Inside this Business Group
- Past industry work experience in wireless system design is preferred
- Prior experience with one or more advanced technology areas in 5G such as channel/network coding, heterogeneous networking, interference management, massive MIMO, beamforming, cognitive networking, machine learning for wireless, as well communication system design to support advanced use cases related to autonomous vehicles and drones.
- Expertise in one or more core areas relevant advanced communication system design, such as Information theory, Detection and Estimation theory, Control theory, Optimization theory, Graph theory, Signal processing techniques, Radio Resource Management protocols.
Intel Labs is the company's world-class, industry leading research organization, responsible for driving Intel's technology pipeline and creating new opportunities. The mission of Intel Labs is to deliver breakthrough technologies to fuel Intel's growth. This includes identifying and exploring compelling new technologies and high risk opportunities ahead of business unit investment and demonstrating first-to-market technologies and innovative new usages for computing technology. Intel Labs engages the leading thinkers in academia and industry in addition to partnering closely with Intel business units. Posting Statement.
Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
A little about us:
Our vision is simple and direct. If it computes, it does it best with Intel. We embrace all aspects of computing.